Sign in to follow this  

WR with Wiseco +.75 high comp piston

Just installed one in my sons 01 WR

His is YZ timed (still the 01 cam), 3 blade AV now and a vortex ignition.

Wow!

:thumbsup:

very very impressive boost across the full range, very strong gains low through mid and continues to pull until you are forced to shift.

Talked with Eric Gorr a bunch about this switch and everything he said we would gain from this simple change was 100% spot on!

And, we still use 92 octane pump gas....nothing more than we have always run!

Cant think of any other way of being able to get this much of a gain out of this cheap of a mod, no jetting changes nothing. she lit on the third kick and just had nothing but grins on how easy it was to loft and carry the front end!

My other son also rides an 01 WR250 and we could side by side em....big difference....

:awww:

HR

:devil:

:lol:

This post couldn't have come at a better time. I just purchased one from TT. I am going to finish putting it in and putting everything back together tomorrow. I was wondering if the higher compression would make me use race gas, but you've answered that question for me. We can get 93 octane at the pump here. From your experience I guess it should be a great upgrade. Thanks for your post, my reserevations are no more and I can't wait for the extra THUMP!!!

And, we still use 92 octane pump gas....nothing more than we have always run!

Makes you wonder just how far the ignition timing is retarded on the stock setup doesnt it. Lots of power hiding in that bit of info. :thumbsup:

The "+.75 CR" means the compression ratio is increased from stock.

I totally agree that the Wiseco +.75 CR piston gives a VERY good boost. So much so, that I tossed a very low hours OEM piston to swap to the Wiseco.

Also, my son & I both run our YZFs with 91 Octane non-oxygenated pump gas.

Bottom line- I would recommend to switch to the Wiseco piston before a different pipe. Good stuff, Maynard!!! :devil::thumbsup:

I have a lame question... but i just recently purchased a +.75 piston as well, and i'm wondering as to which ring is the top ring, the black ring or the copperish ring? i already checked the gap and everything is in spec there, and i have the oil rings set, but i forget the order in which the top two rings go on the piston. thanks for your help guys :thumbsup:

[quote i'm wondering as to which ring is the top ring, the black ring or the copperish ring?

The black ring is the second ring and the moly coated ring (copperish color) is the top ring. Make sure when you install them that the letter stamped near the ring gap is facing UP. :thumbsup: