Sign in to follow this  

Slip on vs Full System Exhaust

I just bought a new 2003 Suzuki DRZ-250 and was thinking about changing the exhaust. Does anyone know what and if there is an advantage to a slip on vs a full system? (yeah I know, about $200.00) :thumbsup: I mean horsepower and breathability wise. (breathability)is that a word?

I have the Full Yoshimura Off Road system for my 250. The main difference is with the full system you get the headpipe which is usually a larger diameter than stock.

I know the aftermarket exhaust is an improvement over stock. I suppose if you raced, you might be able to tell the difference in power between the stock headpipe and the aftermarket one. Either way, slip on or full system, it's an improvement over stock.

The header pipe is definitely worth it. It will help the low end grunt, as well as the top end. I have upgraded the exhaust on every bike I own. I always look for a complete system. The comparison of the diameters of the stock and Yosh header pipes will show you the difference. Unfortunately, you will have to buy the Yosh pipe to see it.

By the way, for the mathematically inclined, the reduction in drag that the exhaust system puts on the exhaust flow goes as the fourth power of the radius of the exhaust pipes. That means that an increase of 10% in the radius produces a 46% reduction in airflow resistance.