Sign in to follow this  

Repairing headpipe?

I noticed that my headpipe has a crease in it right where it bends after coming out of the engine. It has a 1/2" difference between the O.D. and the smallest area on the crease. Has anyone had any luck fixing these or should I try someone like the pipe doctor? What is there turnaround time like? Does anyone have a number where I could contact one of these services? Thanks for any help on the subject!

Buy a FMF PowerBomb!!

I looked into that when I bent my header pipe, the PB is a different size than the stock header so you can't use it with the stock muffler (or any muffler that fits the stock header). I bought a unused header off another TTer and sent mine to Pacific Crest, it came back quickly and fixed perfectly. I keep it in the trailer as a spare now.

I've read where people have called FMF and they said you had to buy there complete system. I would like to go with the PB if I knew it would fit the stock muffler.

Ditto Mike, I too would make the leap for a PB if i knew for fact that it would fit my 04 cannister or muffler what ever the dang thing is called.

DataSponge has a head pipe from another company on the way to him and hopefully will have a fit report soon. He is in the same boat as you and i with a bent 04 head pipe, but want to keep the stock muffler portion.

I just got off the phone with FMF and they said their PB would fit the stock 04 CRF450. He said that there is a spacer that comes with the header that you need to use.

Thats news to me... The FMF rep, FMF tech on the phone and my local dealer sayz the will not fit unless you by the whole system.. No personal exp myself, just tell what I was told before putting down hard earned $$$.

If you have pic of it on your bike that would be great... Since my Procircuit is BO for another week... If the PB fit I could get one of those in a few days..

- Brad D -

Just received my FMF S/S Powerbomb header this afternoon.

Dennis Kirk P/N 43-1353. It fits fine to my stock muffler. Mounts easily with no spacers (O.D. matches the stock headpipe).