Sign in to follow this  

Rocket Race Report

Camped out sat. nite with the wife and son and our friends Cliff and family.Had a great time practicing sat.Shauns first moto was 3rd race.He ran in 85cc 12-13 with the 14-15 class running with him.Worked on his starts all day sat.SOO freaking worried about his starts...lol..Came outta first turn in 2nd!Only 3 in his class and 3 in 14-15 class.got cross rutted in up hill right and everyone ran him over...lol..he was okay but PISSED as we all would be.Got up caught the last place 14-15 y/o and passed him.(the 12-13 y/o were considerably faster than everyone).Made another mistake in same spot and the kid got back around.Last place finish.He was all upset.First race on his 85.He calmed down and shrugged it off.My first moto:9 in my class plus one D class rider starting with us.Came outta first turn in 3rd.Passed 2nd in the whoop section on first lap.Caught 1st going over 60 ftr and off i went.He kept me honest but ran out of steam and i could take it relatively easy the last 3/4 of race.Cliff ran in my class also.His first motocross race.Didnt get to see him but he did manage to beat 1 guy and he was happy to do it and finish safely.Moto 2 in 85:Shaun came off line in 4th and held on to it for about a half lap.Which i thought was great considering how fast half these little bastards were!His moto was about the same but with no wrecks.He did beat the same kid in the second moto so he was happy about that.No trophy...He was upset about that.He eventually listened to his dads words of wisdom and blew it off.My 2nd moto:Bad start.Cliff went down in first turn and i nearly ran him over.Ended up going into grass to get around him.Fourth outta turn 1.D class guy holding me up until we get to whoop section.Got him and pushed hard to catch 2nd.Caught him over 60 ftr because he didnt jump it.Turns out that guy just moved up to vet c from D and still wasnt jumping much.1st place is the guy that came in 2nd in first moto....OH NO YOU DONT...NOT TAKING MY OVERALL! Head down and here we go.I never rode that hard in my entire life.He was quite a bit ahead of me.I was sailing off that ski jump harder than ever.I dont know how those A riders do it but it was taking my breath away each time i did it.Last lap and i got him in sight when we came out of whoops and hit the jump by the tree.When we were approaching the single to table at bottom i was right behind him.I landed right behind his back tire!Up the jump b4 the finishline double i laid it on and jumped damn near up to corner on his inside...cut it hard and BEAT HIM TO THE LINE!WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO....My first 1-1 finish ever! :thumbsup:

Thanks man....yea i busted my hump catching up to him...my wife was video taping and i watched it over and over again and still couldnt tell if i got him.The score keeper thought i did so thats all that counts....lol :thumbsup:

Think its time for B class so use injured and slow guys can win a few :thumbsup: Legs healing ok just swelling cant get my new sidi boots on yet. Go to docs monday hopefully will be released so i can ride so time to move up to b class Rick

YZ250f,

How many riders were there in the C class? When is their next race?