Sign in to follow this  

Power Now

I'm thinking about getting or making a power now for my YZF, but I have a concern. I need all the top end I can get. Does this reduce the top end noticably? I've heard it does from some, and it doesn't from others. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If you like topend power, don't even consider it. It works well for people who like to lug the bike around at low speeds. It helped my bike start alot better but always felt flat on power. Rejetted the bike in both directions and chaged needle poitions but still felt flat. My bike felt like a rocket after I took it out. In my opinion, save your $$$$$$!

I will totally agree with 250cc on that. Don't waste your time making one.

Ok thanks for the replies. I was hoping that maybe I could get rid of some low-end bog, but keep most of the top-end. Top end is a lot more valuable to me now, thanks for the advice.

The PN can add some low end, but at the expense of top end. If you want to preserve top end power, then the PN isn't for you.

If you have some low end bogging, then you probably need to tweak your pilot circuit and needle position. I can't tell from your description if you're experiencing a rich or lean bog. Raise your needle clip one position from stock, and try that. If it gets better, go to work on the pilot circuit by tweaking your fuel screw in 1/4 turn increments until you get it as right as possible. If raising the clip makes it worse, then lower it one position, then back to the fuel screw.

If you still have the bog, then you might end up tuning your leak jet. See www.thumperfaq.com for details. Look in the leak jet, AP sections. Also search this forum for "squirt", "AP", "leak jet" and "bog" for lots of reading on the bog.