Sign in to follow this  

Is summer over yet??? And a Couple CC pics

Well it's been a long summer and i am just starting to get sick of the dust :D It will be nice to ride in some mud and slop again and TRACTION :lol:

I am getting sick of these :lol:

filter.jpg

Here is heckler on the start of a big ol hill climb :thumbsup:

heckler%20start.jpg

But his little 250 didn't have quite enough to make it :awww:

heckler_down.jpg

Here is myself and a buddy lance after the same hill.It was loose :devil:

me%2Blance.jpg

I'm not tryin those softy CC hills again till I have a KTM 525.

pics looks great. I miss the place. first good rain I'm there :thumbsup:

Bob your DR will climb those better than most anything!!!

I cant wait to ride CC someday! HILLS :thumbsup:

That's what ET says and he climbs them doing wheelie with his DRZ E. but I'm 50 lbs heavyer then him and my DRZ S model compression and carb. I've tried those hills and the bike just poops out. Yeah My technique sucks and I havent tried it with the new pipe. Maybe next time I'll get up them, but I tell ya that soft soil just sucks up the Hp. I've cimbed steeper hills at carnegie.

If you go hook up with ET. He will let you stay at the Salinas Ramblers site which is in the heart of the place. If you stay at the public camp areas. The ride zone there is ok but its best to just power down the main access fire road about 6 miles and get into the heart of the place which is huge.

Ride the quciksilver enduro then you'll see all of it. Or the wild piglet family enduro Both ways you'll see lots of wabbit trails. :thumbsup:

Bob not dissin you

But ET is a seasoned vet, that kind of stuff is the differance between a intermediate and a trail rider and a AA rider.

Weight has nothing to do with it, its skill set

If you stay at the public camp areas. The ride zone there is ok but its best to just power down the main access fire road about 6 miles and get into the heart of the place which is huge.

:devil::awww::lol:

No you don't want to just ride 6 miles out - there are some of the best single track trail of the whole park right near the camp areas - you just have to know where they are :D

It's a great place to ride - fight for your right to ride there - it is in danger of having many of it's trails closed to motorcycles. :lol::thumbsup:

Bill

looks like fun - I love those hills!! SOON real SOON we will riding there with moisture. :D

dp

yeah you're right Ed made a hill on my bike that I failed on twice.

I donate small money to the CC fight often, but the meetings this month are too far and during the week. I hope they are well attended.

CC is awesome.

Blue One,

That hill was soft as hell, but imagine what it would have been like trying to go down that monster hill climb that we hit at the end of the day; thank god we made it! :thumbsup:

Lance

I like that comment "seasoned Vet". Just wish I was still of the age to ride the "Vet" class! :thumbsup:

The other reason I want to ride CC is to meet ET. The legendary ED. :thumbsup:

Someday when Im employed and have cashflow(which may be soon)the family will be down to camp at CC!!!!

Dont complain too much about the dust.

I have spent a lot of time dirt napping on that exact hill.

In the winter when the traction is perfect that

spot where the bike is laying down in the 3rd picture

is a greased cookie sheet after a good rain.

It faces the north and holds water all day!

Your hauling 3-4th gear fully hooked up

and right where it gets steeper your bike

starts into a physics lecture about momentum and gravity.

I was gonna make the same comment about The Blue One's wish for rain, mud and slop..... wishing for that is fine, but it don't equate to TRACTION.

Give me some rain and some dry days to follow......that's the ticket! :thumbsup:

I was gonna make the same comment about The Blue One's wish for rain, mud and slop..... wishing for that is fine, but it don't equate to TRACTION.

Give me some rain and some dry days to follow......that's the ticket! :thumbsup:

Well bob ya have to wish for the mud and slop if you want the traction. :devil:

I've started my rain dance :awww:

Well bob ya have to wish for the mud and slop if you want the traction. :devil:

I've started my rain dance :awww:

Why do I feel afraid :lol:

Blue, next time I won't wuss out on that hill. That day killed me. I'll be back though. Thanks for taking us out. You and Lance smoked that hill no problem. :thumbsup::awww:

By the way, who took that nice pic of the two of you?

joe :devil:

Make sure that you get out to one of the BLM meetings next week, please!!!

I should have hit that hill again, I know I know I could have made it!!! IT was just too damn hot. There is a bunch of whoops at the bottom of the hill making it hard to get a good run at it, and my 250X was doing fine until it started to get deep and my back wheel started spinning :awww: I miss my 450 :devil: Damn red sticker season... Less than a month to go!!! :thumbsup:

according to lorenz and the great one ET, the power and displacement of your motorcycle has nothing to do with getting up those Clear Creek bald mountains.

I don't buy that. I think they enjoy watching US suffer. :devil: Next time I go to CC I'm bringing me a 700 ATK two stroke monster bike. I'm going up those softy damn hills in style. :thumbsup:

its sure looks like summer is over.... Sat morning here In Folsom and I'm freezing my bones..... This winter rain stuff will be great but I forgot how TIMING is every thing, ya want it to rain on wednesday and thursday then dry up a bit on fridays and be perfect for the weekend , but mother nature dont work like that..... gonna have to take off work days and get it when its right.

or just ride in the blizzrd rain cold muck slop yeeehhhawww!!