Sign in to follow this  

Watkins ride

Went out to Watkins today. A guy parked next to me and noticed we had the same bikes. 02 YZ250 2 strokes. We talked a bit then we went our own ways. Back at the trucks again he says "So do you mix oil with your gas?" Yep in the 2 strokes you got to or your gonna have a major failure I tell him. So I go back out and he is off riding again. Make sure I don't buy a bike from him ever!!!

Was going around pretty good near the end of the day when I notice a guy behind me. Go about 1/2 lap and notice he is still there. Try to pick it up a bit more and he is still there. We were coming over the 90' table. I was on the left and notice his front wheel while were in the air right beside me. He was actually getting me a little in the air. Don't know how cause we both landed in the same place. So on landing he has about 1/2 bike length on me and we go into the right hander right after. He blocked my line and took the lead. Didn't do it agressive or anything, was the perfect pass and I was the victim!!! It was such a sweet pass he put on me I'm still smiling about it. I followed him for anthor lap and he couldn't get away from me, but I couldn't gain on him either. Then I pulled off, Never saw him again, wanted to give him a thumbs up but never got too.

Fun day at the track!!!

E-dog when you comin down for some more wed's night Aztec action? Only 4 or 5 weeks left ya know, looks like its going to go thru end of Sept.

My work schedual changed again and I'm working on Wed so unless I get a day off for some reason I'm done with the Wed night races. But I do have Sundays off now!! :thumbsup: Finish out the year with a few enduros then some MX next year again. Sounds like they are going well for you.

Ahh, thats what I suspected. Oh well, maybe some Winter Combat in your future?????

In addition to that sprained ankle I had I now have bruised ribs. Riding wounded again, sigh. I need to figure out how to avoid these nagging little injuries.

On the flip side I was in 1st in the second moto going for the overall when that guy hit me on the jump resulting in the bruised ribs.

Well sounds like your riding well, not just need to avoid the contacts!!!

Hopefully we can hook up for a Sunday of practice again. :thumbsup: