Sign in to follow this  

Mod Question for the R (Dr. D, Power Now, JD Jets)

I am about to purchase 3 different mods that have been highly talked about on the forum for my CRF250R. I plan to purchase a Dr. D Exhuast, Power Now System, and the JD Jetting Kit. Is there any problems with all 3 working together? Should I purchase one before the other? Any advise would be greatly appreciated

It depends on what kind of riding you do most of the time. For moto or SX, I would get the Dr. D pipe and JD kit but skip the Power Now. But, if you ride trails or tight places, then maybe I would put all three in the bike. We used Power Now in the beginning but removed it after a while. With the money you would save on the Power Now, you can buy the Twin Air filter kit for better performance (or modify the screen in the filter cage for better breathing).

Thanks for the reply. I mostly do woods riding. I have already purchased and installed the Twin air filter kit. I have mainly been focused on getting the proper guarding on the bike and now I would like to pep it up some. From your comments below it sounds like you would go with the pipe and jetting first and probably not even install the power now.

Hey Flop - it also depends on where in the country you ride. The PowerNow does something with the air mixture/velocity and at altitude it will make the performance worse. I think the Dr. D and the JD kit will do wonders. I have the Dr. D and have rejetted but not with the JD kit. My X screams.