Sign in to follow this  

renforced the value of 230

today i tried to ride a 125 2 smoke through some trails. horrible experience. relativly small hills are very difficult. went and got the 230 and breezed right through the trails and wanted more difficulty.

in my opinion a 2 stoke 125 has no buisness anywhere near woods and i wont try it anynore. i consider myself lucky that i have both now and glad as heck no one bought it (230) when i foolishly considered selling it.

only problem is i have to tell someone that roosts me in one circumstance or another hey you s.o.b. stay right here while i go get my other bike :thumbsup:

Yeah, I rode my friends RM-125 in the track and somewhat in the trails. I hated it. It's a darn on/off switch. I could not ride it. He rode mine and hated it because it didn't have the oomf.

Hmmm, maybe just the tastes...

I agree...an MX bike that's not modified for woods is terrible. But.....

Look at the KDX200/220. THis is a woods 2/stroke bike. Very smooth down low, you can climb out of and up anything with relative ease and no hassles.

ANd it weighs at least 20-30lbs less than the CRF230.

Oh, and the KTM 200 EXC. Twice the power in 2 stroke config. and even less weight, all dialed in for woods & H/S. And this bike is all about suspension. YOu can go twice as fast without any harshness, when it is dialed in properly.

SO I wouldn't discount "ALL" 2 stroke as bad woods bikes. Any MX bike is easily made to work in the woods, but not the other way around.

add a boyessen RAD Valve, .40 kg fork springs, and Procircuit pipe and silencer to the KDX...woo hoo. totally different bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil::thumbsup:

Except here in California you can't ride two strokes year round, woods or not. Only at the track. Just one more reason I picked the 4 stroke.

Kawasaki has always puzzled me...... They elect to not make a 450 4 stroke race bike, but they will offer for sale 2 nearly identical bikes except for a 20cc difference in displacement. Go figure..........

Unless its 03 and older! Or is it 02, I know its somewhere around that.

Kawasaki has always puzzled me...... They elect to not make a 450 4 stroke race bike, but they will offer for sale 2 nearly identical bikes except for a 20cc difference in displacement. Go figure..........

The kdx220 allso has a smaller carb. which is suppose to produce more low end torque so it can be riddin even more like a four stroke compared to the 200. But I do also wonder why they did this without spending the money they used for the 220 on a kfx450. :thumbsup: