Sign in to follow this  

motojack or mxhauler / witch is a better product?

Looking into buying either the motojack or mx hauler. Wanted to see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about these two bike haulers. Thanks for any infor! Don B.

The motojackrack has crappy paint and the footpeg pins are held in place with a side bolt. The Ultimate MX is powdercoated and the pins are threaded on the bottom with giant wing nuts on them so you can crank down on the footpegs. I like the UMX set up better, but I have a MJR and I powdercoated it and threaded the pins, it's good now but I would get the UMX nest time.

Thanks for the insite. Looks like I'll lean toward the MX Hauler. thanks again Don B.

I have the MJR and think the Ultimate MXhauler is the better just looking at the pics between the two. Unfortunately, they only had the MJR when I needed one, so I got screwed for the $350 asking price, and another $50 for shipping. See what some competition will do for you! :thumbsup:

I agree with the points made above, the paint was actually still wet inside the shipping box on my MJR, and I repainted it with bed liner paint, and took the thing apart and rounded all the ugly sharp edges on the thing. What would be nice on all of these is one tie down hook on the front of these to keep the tire from moving around. I guess the cheaper idea is to buy an eye hook bolt from home depot, drill a hole and make my own mounting points for straps.

Not to be the spelling wiz here either, but witch refers to a magical old hag. Which is the word you were looking to use. :devil:

I've had the UMXH all summer now, I love it, and so do most people who see it. includes loop for a tiedown to secure the handlebars, and a wingnuts to secure the foot pegs. Can't say enough about it. One good purchase in my life of ripoffs...... :thumbsup:

UMXH-click here

UMXH2-click here2

Last Wednesday I bought a UMXH and drove over 800 miles over the holiday weekend with my 450 . My opinion is :thumbsup: . I had 0 problems although I did watch it in the rear view mirror alot . I even drove at 75mph for a bit and it was fine . I was a little worried about what the cops thought about the license plate/brake lights being partly hidden until a MC CHP came up behind me and passed right on by . Everyone I talked too thought it was great and even got the :devil: from passing Harleys .

It does rock a little in and out of driveways and over really rough roads at slow speeds . I had to get the drop receiver thing that lowers the receiver 6 inches because my trailblazer is lifted a little .

James

Also check out the Joe Hauler at

http://www.joehauler.com

Joe is a Baja racer and has tested his all over Baja for 10 years. He does all kinds of custom builds in addition to his standard Hauler.