Big bore TTR125 vs 85cc MX

i don't no what u mean stand a chance, like a drag or mx race, i raced 85cc bikes in races a coupl of times before, and all i have is stiffer springs bars pipe air filter modded air box and jets, and i came in 2nd out of 8, and the riders on the 85s werent bad riders

Big bores may stand a chance but the TTR125 is not designed to be a motorcross machine. I got my wife a TTR125 and having owned 80cc 2 stroke bikes in the past, I can honestly say there is no comparrison on the mx track period.

If you are looking to ride mx you should definitely save some money and get a bike that is already designed for it. If you want to have fun on the trails the TTR is gold.

i agree along with some others that the ttr is/was not designed for motorcross use. aftermarket companies have supplied us with better parts and components to enhance the ride quality of the ttr's. however if you are serious about MX, then you would be better off riding a 2-stroke(80-85cc). you will spend less time and money in modifications and parts to make it better. take a look at what i have in my daughters ttr and add those prices up. she just rides it, no MX. i did all this just to make the bike more ridable. it's hard to believe that some people do actually race these things and jump them. :devil: wow, amazing. ?

Okay I am new to thumper talk but not to racing. i have been racing for 5 years now and i am 15. I have a ttr 125l with rear disc brake and front yz forks. the only engine is airbox mods, Aftermarket cam, after market carb, and two bros exhaust. I race it in the 85b class. I also have a 2001 cr 101 with port and polish, reeds, and pipes. The ttr will not touch my cr101 but i also have a kx 85 for sale that my ttr can keep up with if not beat. the ttr is easier to ride and has better room for body movement. I would pick my ttr over any 2 stroke 80. My ttr has 3 grand if not more into it though. if you want to start racing i would go with a 2 stroke unless you have alot of money and alot of free time.

It really depends on the rider. My buddy just picked up a TTR (electric start)and we took it to elsinore last weekend. (by the way, Bubba was there) Anyway on the vet track, he beat everyone on the track, this includes 450's, 250's, 125's, everything. Even on the mini bike track, there wasn't one bike except for me on my 1981 tricked out xr100 that could keep up with him, 110's, other ttr's, 50's, and 85's. The main difference is he knows how to ride and most kids or people don't. What I mean by that is if someone knows how to corner at a 100, while the guy next to him is breaking and taking the outside, then the guy next to you is going to be passed and if you can block him you should beabould keep the guy behing you at least for a few corners. Now, on the GFI track or the pro track more than likely he would get smoked becuase there are big doubles, triples and quads, and lets face there's no replacement for power. But on a track that is really flowy and small jumps (40 feet or less), and no major uphills a TTR can keep up with a lot of bikes. It also helps if you know how to block people. ? By the way, I am so jelous of that electric start, I want to sell my vintage bike and get one. ?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really depends on the track

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree...

I disagree on any track the o ? :cry: :canada:nly way a ttr will beat an 80 on the track is if there noobes or they ran out of gas.

unless your like carmincheal or bubba then you could have a shot.