Sign in to follow this  

Mini moto tires

Does anyone know where I can get some supermoto tires, or street tires to fit 17 and 14 inch rims? (YZ85 wheels) Any info would be greatly appriciated!

You can run 125 GP tire on the front and a Enduro tire on the rear. Best thing to do, if you are serious at all, is to get a 17 on the rear and get a decent tire (125 GP size) for that, too.

Additionally, if you were to be in the wheel swapping mood, you should swap out that front. The stock 17" front on that bike is only something like 1.5" wide.

You want a 17x2.5 or 17x2.75.

Otherwise you won't be able to take advantage of the grip of a slick.

I race a 04 KTM 85 SX in mini supermoto and can race sportsman,etc...fast...esp on a kart track. I use the 17 inch front knobby and have a trials front tire by IRC, 275-17, dot tire. and the rear 14 inch bridgestone TW- 300-14, dot tire used on honda xr80. and it wears and hooks up great..esp slides good in corners. I am getting 17 inch wheels soon from Wheel Wright/Aaron owner, 714 931-9791, tell him I sent you esp if your in the california area otherwise East Coast Wheels, Jeff in NJ, east coast.

I have the 125/250 GP Bridgestone slicks very soft compound-light bike. ready for the wheels..Bones racing-good price and quick shipping free..little pricey..even with racing disount. just raise your forks all the way in the triple clamps..stiffen it up...slow rebound, same in rear..and give more preload in rear...less sag..to make it higher in rear esp if your heavy...take care..

There is a guy in vegas, chris cooksy part of the cooksey bros racing team(Team Acceleration) that are racing the AMA supermoto series..and chris likes to race a bone stock cr85 big wheel w/knobbies and he eats everyone up..rider!!! and beats the 450-525 bikes w/slicks on our local kart track(XPLEX). so stock can win!!! the rest is up to you! take care.

Rob

Thanks for all the info guys! I'm not the one racing it, it's my 12 yr old son and he wants to give SM a try. I just want to see if he likes it first before I drop too much cash.