Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using Vortex X10 CDI & Dual Switch ignition?

I was just wondering if anyone of you guys were using the Vortex X10 ignition? And if you do: Do you feel a significant difference using it, compared to the stock CDI unit?Do anyone use the "extra stuff" like:GSM - Gear Selected Maps ,ASM - Auto Swap Map or Speed Shifter?

I am about to buy it, and any info on it would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

I got one for my YZ450F to remove a stutter at 1/4 constant throttle. It has various selections for traction and performance. I am very happy with it. There is a difference between the highest performance and greatest traction setting. The differences seem subtle but I noticed I select a performance map for the track and a traction map for when I go to BLM land that has a lot of hills. I am more of a beginner and most differences have to be big for me to notice, so this is a good product. However, if the stock CDI did not have a stutter at 1/4 throttle, I would not have bought the unit. Four or five of the settings removed the stutter while the rest have it.

Got one on my 04 crf250. Stock the Rev limiter is set to 11,200 rpm! now it goes way up to 13700 and pulls all the way. If you can ride get it. If you can't leave it stock. :thumbsup:

My husband has the Vortex on his bike and is very happy with it. Some of the settings have subtle differences and others have a more noticable difference. I talked to Mike from MT Racing before I bought this for my husband for his birthday. Everything he told me was right on. It is nice being about to change the from a traction to a performance setting to meet the conditions of the trail or track.

Thank you for your replys. I really appreciate them. :awww:

I would love to have the ability to change the ignition map to suit the track conditions.So I will buy! :lol:

Do I need it? Probably not !:D:lol::D

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

:devil: