Sign in to follow this  

Suspension clicky numbers:

I am a total noob when it comes to suspension, was hoping i could get some suspension clicky numbers...

I'm a beginner to intermediate rider...ride some street, lots of dirt and very bumpy fire roads,quite a few quad trails, and a smaller amount of tighter singletrack. Favorite so far is the quad trails..

I weigh 180lbs and sit down probly more than i should (really workin on that..they actually offer a course here)

Anyways, unless the dealer changed something, all the suspension clickers are stock..if not i can put them there.

Anyone know how far off stock i should be setting my clickers?

My last bike was a OLD PE175, which i wasnt able to ride as often as i'd like so i dont really know how the DRZ should feel.

Thanks for anyones help. If there are any tricks not mentioned in the manual for adjusting stuff like sag maybe someone could tell me? I know its totally unladen measurement minus me sitting on the bike wiht all gear measurement, but am not yet quite clear how to adjust the sag.. If the manual is clear enuf, its ok :thumbsup:

TYIA again.

I dunno about those clickers but I tell you get that sag adjusted ASAP. It makes all the difference in the world.

Yeah i hear a well adjusted suspension makes a big difference..thats why i asked :thumbsup:

Okay nice, i've set the race sag to a bit under 4 inches (about 3.8)

The difference is pretty imprssive. Before i was trying to learn to stand on the pegs but the bike felt too wishy washy under me. Feels much better now. Still trying to figure out how it will help me going around a bend on a gravel road doing 60, but ill learn eventually i hope.

Anyways

Now that i've set this and taking in mind my previous post...does anyone know where aproximatly i should set the clickers on the bike ? Would be a huge help, thanks in advance! :thumbsup::devil:

You need to determine what the bike is doing or isn't doing before you make any adjustments.

Are you bottoming out often, not bottoming out at all. Is the bike swapping in Whoops, pushing in turns, feeling all the small bumps, feel harsh on a square edge, front or rear kick up when you hit something? :devil: These are a few things to pay attention to.

Fine tuning suspension is very dependant on rider prefererence. But if you are having any of the above symptoms, you can make adjustments that will help iron these out. :thumbsup: From there you need to make fine adjustments to suit your riding ability and style.