Sign in to follow this  

Scotts plastic boots

Friend wanting to repair some boots that look like thier from the late 70's and 80's. They where made by Scott, three piece boots, plastic leg, plastic shoe with a hard rubber sole, and a pliable styrofoam foot insert. Any of you guys seen or heard of these. If anyone wants to sell pieces are complete boots I'm sure he'll take them. He wants to wear these again after breaking his foot a while back :thumbsup:

They were nice boots, had a couple of pairs. Used to have a repair kit, but no more. Good luck on your hunt.

I had a pair of O'Neal plastics back in the day. It was like riding/walking with a cast on each leg - THE most uncomfortable thing I ever had on my feet.

Either work eBay; or get creative with some type of ad lib repair.

Hey thanks for the reply. That's what they look like except all his are blue/red. Color doesn't matter to this fellow. He gave me three broken pairs and wants me to make at least one good set. I can just about make him 2 pairs now, the only thing now to do is glueing new rubber on the soles. This guy already looks like a big teenage ninja turtle riding a bike. Picture this he wears full length knee pads from the same era over knee braces, slip on hip pads(hockey underwear), hockey goalie pants, elbow pads, a JT chest protector of the same era also and on top of all that a enduro jacket that he'll wear in all weather(except if over 85 degrees). If I had a digital camera I'd post a picture of him. He's about 44, 6'5, 230lbs and rides a 525EXC. Honestly he does'nt need it all he's a damn good rider hardly ever see him lay it down. When he does its in technical stuff.

Bob Hannah made those boots famous in the seventies. They are really not that good to wear because they transfer torque to the knees by completely isolating the ankle from twisting. The collector value is high though.

A friend of mine bought a pair at a yard sale for $25 and sold them on E-Bay for $125. What a deal.

Historical note: If you are ever in Sun Valley, Idaho, go to Grumpy’s restaurant and look on the post by the bar. :thumbsup: Bob Hannah donated his shoulder pads and Scott boots for display in the bar twenty years ago. The Bar/Restaurant is located in the Industrial section of town and was only frequented by locals until granola tourists discovered it.

I prefer leather, it breathes and is way more comfortable.