Sign in to follow this  

North Carolina area/ride report

Well, I just got home to Riverside, Ca., and I'm beat. Long flight and delays from the weather. Anyway, Charlotte is beautiful. The area is extremely clean, and the people out there are almost too nice. I was shocked at how green everything is out there, (unlike out here). JRBEHME met me and showed me the local track (absolutely insane)and some of the local housing and cool places around the Charlotte area. The dirt back east is unreal! It looks really tacky and I can't wait to get back to ride the tracks out there. We are planning a multi track riding weekend in a few weeks. My house goes up for sale tomorrow, and when it sells, I move to Charlotte. Erik

Good deal. I may have spoken to you in a thread before. I just moved to Raliegh from Sacramento and have been gettings some riding in. Charlotte is also very cool and since I have not bought a home yet I still might move there in the spring when my lease is up. It's closer to the better riding, real car stuff, bigger city with a nicer downtown and sports and is a little cheaper.

Yeah, I agree rooster, I am looking at buying in the northern university area. Possibly in Highland creek golfcourse area. What do you mean by "real car stuff"? How do you like the area compared to Sacramento? How about the tracks and trails out there compared to nor-cal? What I saw clearly beats what we have out here, not in shear-volume, but in quality. Anyway, the thing I liked the best about Charlotte, was that everybody was so friendly, and everybody waves and says hi and such. Everybody looks happy out there, and the pace seems alot more relaxed. Erik

I am moving to the Charlotte area in A couple of weeks and was wondering where you guys are riding.I've been researching and trying to find all the info I can.Thanks.

I don't think anything will really outdo Foresthill for trail riding. I've been ruined. :thumbsup: That's where they film a lot of the commercials for Yamaha and such, like the 2001 Raptor release. I'm still finding areas. I see that there is a lot of MX and the dirt is definately great here. I went to brushy mtn and it was very nice.

Real car stuff means more to do than there is here in terms of shows, tracks and shops.

I am moving to the Charlotte area in A couple of weeks and was wondering where you guys are riding.I've been researching and trying to find all the info I can.Thanks.

Leave Lumpy a pm, or Jrbehme. They have been VERY helpful to me.

Lumpy, it was Andrews i believe. The one by the airport behind the house on the rolling hills.

Rooster, I know what you mean about ForestHill. Almost impossible to out-do that. I go there every May for three days and think about it all year long afterwards. The N.C. dirt is that same red clay as Auburn's .

It was Andrew's (aka. "Mike's MX") that Lumpy & SoCal Erik have been "exposed" to. The track just plain rules and is so close to downtown Charlotte. Wait until you guys see Center Road......... :awww::lol:....and Flight School, and Parker Valley, and Daniels's Ridge, and NOT TNT, and some private tracks I know ( :devil:) and many more...... :thumbsup:

Lumpy, it was Andrews i believe. The one by the airport behind the house on the rolling hills.

Rooster, I know what you mean about ForestHill. Almost impossible to out-do that. I go there every May for three days and think about it all year long afterwards. The N.C. dirt is that same red clay as Auburn's .

Ahhh, yes....It is the same dirt. I love it up there. I'll be keeping a bike in CA and my buddies house just so I can go there and ride once a year.

what is this about riding on some rolling hills behind the airport? Mx or open terrain? In Charlotte?

Highland creek looks pretty nice but they don't display a lot of homes. I'm taking a drive to Charlotte Sunday and am going to check this place out.

Ahhh, yes....It is the same dirt. I love it up there. I'll be keeping a bike in CA and my buddies house just so I can go there and ride once a year.

what is this about riding on some rolling hills behind the airport? Mx or open terrain? In Charlotte?

It is Andrews mx. It has alot of jumps and turns and whoops and straights and alot of trees, and pretty much a little of everything. It is NOT a beginner track, and most novices would not do all the jumps. The layout is awesome though.

Highland creek has it all. 7 clubhouses with pools and tennis courts and just about any activities you can think of. The golf course is public, but very well maintained. No membership dues for homeowners, but homeowners do get a discount rate for the course. There are alot of homes still being built, and depending on the price range, availability will vary. It is worth checking out! Also check out Huntersville, Lake Norman area. Very nice!

pm jbnc77 he'll give you lots of info or lumpy790 great guys to help you out! Lumpy or I can set you up with a great realtor too!

Erik

Sure I'll take that realtor info. Lake Norman is pretty nice. We checked that area out for a couple days.

I'm not into MX so Andrews won't work for me. I prefer fire fire roads, trails and not breaking something every 12 months. :thumbsup: