Sign in to follow this  

Pops Fired Up the 360 Yesterday

Yesterday my dad fired up his '75 CR 360 Heikki Mikkola replica last night. It's been probably about 5+ years since is has been run but after some fresh gas and sparkplug, it fired up on the fourth kick. I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Here is a pic.

75360cr.jpg

Looks like it would fit right in the movie "On Any Sunday" and "On Any Sunday Revisited". Looked like Huskies were the dominate racing bike around that time. They had a lot of fun on those old bikes. I have a 1975 Suzuki TS-250 from my teenage years that we use as a trainer (it's a beater bike). I rode it on a 64 mile ride a few weekends ago and had a lot of fun on it. It is a lot more work to ride than the newer bikes but never the less, it goes... :thumbsup:

ktl...

She looks brand new...

My '71 CR400 is in need of some TLC. If anyone needs a reality check on how far dirt bikes have progressed, take one of these for a spin.

Oh Man, seeing that 360 was good. It`s in great shape.

I had a 76 CR360 for a few years, I put a "cross over" pipe on it, a 38 mm mikuni, and ported it. It was pretty damn fast for the time.

I was racing seriously in 1978 and put the 36mm carb back on it because the thing just had too much wheelspin. It would hit the powerband hard and the bike would wear me out.

But I had lot`s of fun on that machine.

Jack