Sign in to follow this  

Tweaked Triples?

Over the weekend I had tweaked my front end and the front tire/rim are not inline anymore. I have referenced the service manual and there is no procedure to align it.

What I have done thus far is loosen everything from the lower triple down to the axle and axle cap. Things look better but still not sure it’s 100%. I took a trip to the local Sears to purchase the 30mm socket for the upper triple and do it all over again, this time without the fender on: to alleviate any optical illusions.

I’m interested in reading how you go about checking the alignment?

Any methods are appreciated, Thanks Weim

The same thing happened to me. The only thing I did was to loosen up the upper pinch bolts on both forks and then, just like on a bicycle, I put the front wheel between my legs and turned the handlebars. This straigtened it right out.

It happened on a fairly easy drop. My brother-in-law said it used to happen to all of his bikes before. It doesn't seem to happen with upside down forks though.

Let me know if that works.

T.

USD forks are much more rigid and bigger around. I've seen it happen though, and much worse than my bike ever did.

Easy fix: Loosen the axle holder bolts, and the lower triple clamp bolts. Grab the front brake, and compress the suspension down as hard as you can a few times. Then, just tighten up the bolts. Easy as that!