Sign in to follow this  

riser handlebars

I am 6'1" and want to ride standing but have to crouch too much to reach the bars comfortably. Is there a rule of thumb for bar rise? Stock bars on it now. If I ride with my toes on the pegs and drop my heels way down it is not too bad but don't feel safe with just my toes on the pegs. This is all new to me so please bear with my dumb questions. And thanks to all who helped me with my banjo bolt/brake light question.

I am 6'-2" and I have the Bigdr risers on my bike with CR-Hi bend bars and that works good imho, the risers take the bar positon up and forward approx. 1.5", some people are running the Jimmy button bend bars which are higher i may try them too.

The stock bars are easily bent, they didn't get the nickname Bendomatics for nothing :thumbsup:

Here they are:

http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/ :thumbsup:

Made by TT member "BigDR", and an absolute must for the 6' and over types :devil:

It's common to reroute the throttle cables to run down the other (right) side of the steering head to give a bit more slack, otherwise they can be too tight at full lock with the risers.

Well dude...am I going to have length problems with your combination?

Nope - thats what I have - Jimmy Button bars and risers I just put on a few weeks ago. On the throttle cables, I just turned the whole throttle upside down so the cables connect to the tube under the bars, not on top. Just had to remove the front break master cylinder and rotate the throttle tube - fits great :thumbsup:

Mvc-834f.jpg