Sign in to follow this  

any idea what wrong with my TT-R225?

Its around 2 months old and Im going to take it back to the dealer (under warranty) but I was hoping someone had insight to what the problem might be.

2 weeks ago I washed it after a muddy ride and after that it would "pop" under load while it was cold, when it warmed up it didnt do it. it wasnt any rythem to it like a piston or valve, etc. it wont do it in nutural. I thought maybe it was chain slap since the chain had stretched. I tightened the chain up and it still does it. It sounds like its coming from the right/front of the engine (setting on the bike) I dont have any mods other that the snorkel removed from the air box. I didnt have any problems cranking it after i washed it so I dont think water getting into the engine is a problem. Its not pinging and I use 97 octane gas.I guess if I had to compare the noise to something, I would have to say randomly hitting the side of the engine with a wrench.... like I said its under warranty and I will let the dealer fix it, but I would like to know any ideas about what is wrong. thanks

You washed it after you went riding? Did you wait to let the engine cool down first or did you wash it while it was warm? If you washed it while the engine was warm, then you could've cracked the engine block. Try riding it afew times, and if you cracked the engine, you'll notice a loss in compression.

I don't know if the warrany protects you from this, but see what you dealer says about it.

Well if it's still under warranty, then just take it to your dealer. Get some routine maintainence done to it. It should all be free :thumbsup: