Sign in to follow this  

TE450 Front Wheel Bearings

Hey TTers, over the weekend while riding, one of my front wheel bearings took a crap. I was wondering if anyone has a cross reference number so I could buy these locally. Has anyone changed them yet. I have 1200 miles or so on the bike now. Thanks for the help.

1200 miles :thumbsup:

I have just about the same miles and I have eaten up at least 3 sets. I have started repacking them on a regular basis. We have had allot of muddy races this year.

Just about 1200 miles on my TE250. Wheel bearings are knackered. Got them from Husky dealer as didnt have time to muck about. Annoying thing is that the seals have been regularly cleaned and greased so there is no muck in there.

I could measure them up for you before I put them in if you want?

Shed

I found out the info on the bearings. The measurement is 25mm x 42mm x 9 mm. The standard bearing has 2 numbers. Either 61905 will work and a 6905-2RS will work too. You can get these in a cheap Chinese version for around $10 each or you can get a quality stainless version by SKF for around $40 each. My bearings were full of crap and were rusted and shot. The seals on them were not keeping water out of the bearing. Hope this helps out. Call your local bearing supply house to get these.

Dennis

I too have found the 6905 RS on the seal of the stock bearings, but 61905 is was I recieved from the bearing house/dealer at approx $15 each. They are also made in China which is the only Chinese part on my TE To the best of my knowledge. I haven't had much issues with front wheel bearings other bikes I have owned and they last 3X compared to the rear. Amazingly my rear bearings are in excellent condition (stock!) and we ride trough a lot of wet stuff, I just re-pack them on occasion. Also the nice zerks on the linkage is great and the shock heim has zero free play and this folks was a major headache on other brands. The left side front wheel alumimum spacer is already worn out (grooved) while the steel axel on the right side also has evidence of a groove that polished out with # 400 grit paper. I have the front and rear wheel spacers on order. Anyone making steel or alumuinum steel ringed spacers for Huskies like they do for KTM's?

MSTex

From memory, I think that:

6905 is the bearing p/n

61905 is the seal p/n

6905 RS is a 6905 with one seal

6905 2RS has both sides sealed.

Shed

Of the numerous bikes I've ridden during my life, I've never had a bike that ate wheel bearings like what you are describing. Maybe I've not ridden in the ugly & tough conditions you've described? When did you know the bearing was bad? Did the tire wobble when you were riding or did you discover the problem during a routine inspection. I thought the bearings are in a sealed unit. Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out on my TE510.

ktl...

Crud (water/mud) in the bearing - right side only - during routine maintanace...

While mine has far to few miles on it to have a problem, I did look at the RS and think it really needed something to protect that area. past Huskys used to have a spedo cable hub on that area for some protection.