Sign in to follow this  

Trail 672 at Capt'n Jacks.

I was out at Capt'n Jacks on Labor Day( against any common sense) and found a new trail at the top of Pipeline/Capt'n Jacks where you meet up with the road to Mt. Baldy.

If you plan on trying it, please be warned, be prepared for an tough expert trail with some nasty rutted, tree-rooted, rocky uphills and tight rocky hairpin downhills. It starts fast and fun, then ends up really TOUGH. Kind of like a girl I dated once. :thumbsup:

I believe that's AKA Mt Rosa. The CMTRA and FS recently made that addition.

Merf

Merf,

That could be, but isn't Mt Rosa west from the top of Capt'n Jacks trailhead.

This trail, I think it's 672, heads east. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, might be, didn't really think about it that much. The trail I'm thinking of turns left off pipeline, just before where pipleline joins in the road. It continues south, then turns east, I think. I'll have to check my map, but I thought this was known as Mt Rosa. A buddy and I tried to find it from the other side about a week before they went in and reopened the trail. We were, uh, scouting.

Merf

I have been up there several times and this is the first time I have seen this trail.

I think I know which one you are talking about and that trail used to drop down to Pipeline.I used to take it on my mountain bike. That trail isn't there anymore.

This trail doesn't drop down to the creek. This trail goes up and over the hilltop to the east.

It would be quite a challenge for many riders.

That sounds right(672). We attempted that trail from the east end going towards Jacks last Fall & had to turn back... it's tough!

I'll add my $0.02 here. Isn't Mt. Rosa east of the pipeline trail? B/w pipeline and the southern end of Captain Jacks off Baldy road (which some us call Frosty's) and the trails and the jeep roads on the other side of Mt Rosa which extend south from St. Mary's trail. I've been lost so many times up there on my mtn. bike that I've lost count.

I was wrong about that. Mt Rosa is east of Pipeline.

Trials riders ride an area called "Mt Rosa" but it isn't the actual Mt Rosa. My fault.

I'm beginning to get used to confusion, I think? :cry:

I'm beginning to get used to confusion, I think? :cry:

:cry: thanks for clearing that up!

Merf