Sign in to follow this  

Diamondback MX Report

I went to diamondback MX on 9-5-04. The place looked terrible.. grass/weeds 3'to 5' tall around & on all the tracks, the trails were in "OK" condition..I mean I guess the trails should be rough. The tracks were rutted & hadn't been groomed in months apparently. The peewee track was over run with big bikes, so my 4 year old had to ride around in one area near our parking spot, although we paid 15 dollars and were told the peewee track was great. I guess my biggest complaint was lack of order, NO ONE was running the place, except two girls to take your money at the gate. I watched a KX65 rider get jumped completely over on the big track, heck if I wanted I could of sent my 4 year old on the big track, nobody was regulating anything. Bikes were going everywhere. One of the trails in the field beside the main track lead back to the sx track, so if you hadn't been there before it would be easy to end up driving the wrong way up a blind hill on the SX track, thinking you were on the trails?? there were no Staff members present, except to get the green bills at the entrance. I give the place a ZERO, & look for a horrible accident to happen, hopefully they will straigten the place up or get shut down before someone gets seriously hurt there.

Sorry dude....

It sounds like Eddie (Track Owner) is back to his old tricks again...... We had this problem out there for awhile until he started getting flamed on this and the Georgia offroad forum, then everything was great for 6-8 months. Thats pretty sad to hear that he let things get so bad and out of control again! As far as Order goes, that has basically been left up to parental control from day one. I have never seen an organized practice there for the couple of years I have been going there. (I go for the trails only).

I know Eddie personally and will give him a call.

Bonzai :thumbsup:

The guy obviously has no fear of lawsuits, I have never sued anyone, but the way that place operates, its just asking for it. And when I pay 15 dollars for my son to ride on a peewee track, I expect it to be for peewees & rideable. Not 1' wide with 5' weeds on both sides.

I guess I have a really negative attitude, but I don't feel like its my place to ask all the big bikes to stay off the peewee track, there should be someone there to help run the place. The whole area really has alot of potential.