Sign in to follow this  

Rear shock compression setting

Love everything about this bike's stock suspension, except how the rear of the bike tends to flick upwards when shredding it over mild to moderate woods whoops.

I know the rear shock is nonadjustable. Just wondering if anyone here had any ideas on reducing the compression damping on the 230F.

I also realize I can buy an aftermarket rear shock, but would rather not since it's my wife's main ride, and I only use it 3-5% of the time.

I know you don't want to spend too much $$$, but if you were up for $180, Hlebo's Suspension 408-623-3121 will revalve it. I've had it done and it's unreal. I've spoke with others and everyone's been really happy. Ask for John. Tell him Langley sent you.

This may seem odd but when I got my front end dialed in, the rear suspension behaved much better. Over the same fast rocky climbs it behaves itself for a much longer period of time. If your front suspension is stock you may want to do some mods to make it more stable first.

Not to say the rear shock doesn't need help but it's not the only one to blame for it getting out of shape so quick.

-Toast :thumbsup:

Toast:

I couldn't be any happier with the front forks. They work great! Very smooth over braking bumps, and controllable over whoops, with an occasional bottoming out on nastiest MX jumps.

I have a summers fork brace on it too - tightens up the boingers nicely.

THe rear shock right now keeps kicking me up when I'm riding through wooded whoops. IT would appear that the rebound needs to be softened up a tad. I suppose sending the shock out for revalve may be the way to go. I'll have to get the missus' permission - her ride.

Revalve would be good if you know the guy knows what he's doing.

If it feels like you're rear suspension just quit working it's "packing". Forget your sag setting for a while & try preloading it a little more. Hey! It's all we have & it may help. I have mine set at 10mm of preload & it doesn't pack near as soon as it used too. It's actually behaving pretty good at speed. This doesn't get me the race sag I'm supposed to have but the bike handles better for me. Much better.

Either just crank it an extra 2-3mm or back both the nuts back. Then snug the bottom one. Turn the top one till it's 10mm away. Now turn the bottom one till it's 20mm away from the top one. This will put you at 10mm preload. If you're under 175 lbs try 8 mm first & see how it goes. Good luck! :thumbsup: