Sign in to follow this  

Fullborewhore Skidplate

Hey Fullborewhore, I want to check out your skidplate...

I live in the same town...

I am really interested in you making me one...

send me a PM

actually, does anyone have this "Utah Skidplate"?

utahcycle_skidplate.jpg

It sells for $59.99 over at rockymountainmc.com

Don't know what fullborewhore sells his for.

by doing some searches...

It looks like people are using the Devol one and the White Brothers one.

The TT store has the Devol one... but I don't see a picture for the WB plate....

Also.. this Fullborewhore skid plate looks pretty good too...

I like the Baja Designs one the best since it now bolts up like the WB one. I reccomend it. I actually liked the CRD one alot but it fell off and I couldnt find a place to order another one so I bought the BD one.

FWIW - The old Baja Designs (BD), Moose or Utah Sport plates are very nice when combined with Corky's (ThumperTalk DRZ guy) mounting kit. A buddy of mine just put a Devol skid plate on his DRZ and it is not as thick as my old BD plate and the mounting, albeit directly to the old mounting holes, is not as easy as my Corky modified BD plate. Also the Devol plate vibrates something horrible and needs foam tape or something to keep it from ringing off the frame rails. :thumbsup:

If you're in Europe (and I am, today - writing this from Paris :thumbsup:), the CRD plate is good. Uses the original mount points and has cutouts for the sump and oil tank drain screws.

I took the bike over a rocky track last night and the pings of boulders off the bash plate made me think, "Hmmmm, money well spent!"

Ian