Sign in to follow this  

YEAAAAA My first trip over the bars, and still walking

Well, Sunday I was following my wife on a trail and watched her gas it over a little rut and bounce across and keep going, so I approached with caution. WRONG, I slowed down just enough to plant my front tire in the 18" wide X 2' deep rut, and the next I know, I'm making an unexpected exit over the bars. Lightly sprained wrist and jammed thumb, but came up laughing. No bike damage either,XR's are bulletproof ;-)

Hey NORTEXED, sounds like you were having fun anyway!

Newbie here...just started riding again after a 20 year hiatus from the dirt. Picked up a cherry 01 XR400. Pulled the carb for a nice cleaning, rejetted her, uncorked the pipe and added the new uni filter. Went to Red River this weekend. Was having a blast, even at the point that I stuck sideways on a hill and the bike got my knee. Hobbling a bit now, and anxiously awaiting my next ride.

I'm looking for riders in the N. Texas area. Again, I'm a novice looking to expand my off road skills. Having a blast while getting back in the saddle. I also street ride if anyone is interested. I'm in the Carrollton area. PM or email me if you are interested in getting together. Although, sounds like we might have to take next weekend off to mend.

fxst03hog

Welcome guy, I'm back on for the first time in 30 years :thumbsup: We went a couple of months ago to Stan Draper in OKC, and it was fantastic. I know it's a long drive for us, and even longer for you, but there are approx. 80 miles of trails around the pretty little lake, lots of variety, camping areas, cool lake to swim in, spread out so there's no crowds, $2 per adult to ride, owned and sponsored by the City of OKC. Rip Char in Weatherford is pretty good, but a little advanced (the XC track anyway), for my kiddoes. Have fun dude :devil: