Sign in to follow this  

Cush Drive?

I converted an "E" to a dual-sport and am riding primarily street right now. A friend brought something up that has me a little worried.

My friend mentioned that he has heard of converted dirtbikes fragging the tranny because they don't have them. Does the "S" version have a cush drive?

No cush drive on the back wheel of the "S". The counter shaft sprocket had something exta on it, but I can't remember what it was.

What do the Motard guys do. Do the 17" wheels your bolting on come with a cush drive?

The only dirtbike I ever owned with a cush drive was an XT-500. Believe me they ain't no big deal. If you have any idea of when to shift and when to down shift. You won't need a cush hub. That inner locking rubber isn't going to take to much abuse anyways. Proper riding and shifting will take care of your bike. Don't worry about the rubber doohickeys they are just a pain in the butt anyways. prairiedawg :thumbsup::devil::awww:

I was worried about cush drive too when I bought my bike...and even more so when I put the 17s on. I beat on my bike pretty hard and haven't had any problems. I also ran my '94 DR350R on the street every day for 9 years without any problems. :thumbsup: