Sign in to follow this  

lowering links for sale?

Anyone have any DRZ2 lowering links they want to get rid of? Kouba is backorderd til Oct. and I'd like to get some before then if at all possible.

Those of you with Kouba DRZ2's are you happy with them. Norm at Kouba said that you couldn't be very aggressive with them (regarding jumps). Is this true? Also, did you just drop the forks down .5" and was the suspension basically the same?

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks

Do you have a gel seat too? I'm 5'8 with a 29 1/2" inseam. Norm said the DRZ2 would be perfect for me. The DRZ3 lowers the most, then the 2 then the 1. With the 1, how much did you end up lowering your forks by?

Are you glad you put the 1's on?

Thanks

Paul

I had the #3s but sold them. Norms lowering #s are exact but they made the rear supension very soft.

Do you have a gel seat too? I'm 5'8 with a 29 1/2" inseam. Norm said the DRZ2 would be perfect for me. The DRZ3 lowers the most, then the 2 then the 1. With the 1, how much did you end up lowering your forks by?

Are you glad you put the 1's on?

Thanks

Paul

I love my koaba# 1s and I'm also about the same measurements as you It makes the bike real stable I also have the gel seat but don't really need it and plan to modify the stock and use it if you want some #2s' I found you some... http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489290780&category=35592.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489282123&category=35592 :thumbsup:

Thanks Rockchucker for looking out for me on ebay. It just must've come up as I didn't see anything yesterday. Does the 3/4" DRZ1's change the suspension that much? You mentioned earlier that it's really low.

I'm going to go with Erik's idea to first try the gel seat (pick it up used tomorrow) then get the Kouba #1's if that doesn't do it. I am concerned that the #2 will affect my suspension too much and I like it where it is now.

Glad to hear that you're satisfied with the #1s. :thumbsup:

:devil:

Paul

I ride the heck out of it and to me I feel more stable with the links I don't do triples or anything to big but I do hit step ups and table tops and do whoops wide open so I feel that the ability to safely touch the ground more than makes up for the slight difference.. I also dropped my forks 5/8 of an inch I'm really comfortable with this set up.