Sign in to follow this  

Rear shock adjustment tools

I want to set by sag but when I tried to move the rings with a flathead screwdriver and hammer, I could not get the ring to budge. I was afraid I was going to break something if I hit it any harder. Is there a tool for this? Any other recommendations?

the right tool is a spanner wrench. But dang if I could get mine in there. I just used a old flat head screw driver and a big ball peen hammer. Mine moved kinda hard.

I think that was what I was doing but from the other side...left side of bike, top ring, hitting the right side.

And you are measuring from the axle straight up to the fender right?

And the best is 4 inches of sag?

Ya the first time is tough to get the lock ring broke loose. It is really tight! Once ya get the lock ring loose you can usually just reach in there and twist the spring/adjuster ring to make your adjustments. A lil wd40 may help too. :thumbsup:

I agree with Sno. My first time breaking the top nut free was tough. After I loosened it though, I could turn the spring by hand to the right amount before retightening the top nut down.

Does it help to get the weight off the spring by lifting the back tire off the ground. I did that when I adjusted mine and it was no problem.

Does it help to get the weight off the spring by lifting the back tire off the ground. I did that when I adjusted mine and it was no problem.

:thumbsup::devil::awww::lol: We have a winner :lol::D

The top lock nut will still be a bit tight,, but after it's loose,, you should be able to turn the spring by hand,, and it will turn the adjusting nut with it. :D