450X , TODAY IS THE DAY

I think the show is on the 10th. I am a member of the honda rider's club and got a email from them telling all members to log on to there site on the 8th of september from 6:30pm until 9:30pm(pacific time) for a preview of the the new models befour there made pubic. I don't know what they are going to show but if it is anything about the 450x I will try to copy and paste here.

Stewart Frank ?

ok guys, i may have blew a day to early, sorry. My contact wasn't sure what day this week would be the day but told me this morning it would most likely be the first day of the show witch was today. Sorry, but Johnny and Steve are both there to debut it, so, tomorrow night on hondas website for riers club members it will be there.

today is the day, the 2 boys are back east at the dealershow ready to show the world what we all have been waitig for. Not sure of what time today, but im sure pictures will end up on the net by the end of day.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all these damn stupid posts about "when is the 450X coming?" and "what's different about the 450X?" will FINALLY come to an end! The only thing more annoying than these dumbass 450X posts is the never ending stream of "I heard Mike Alessi wiped his own ass today", etc posts.

tomarrow night i will be in nashville seeing in all the splendor the new hondas. including the "new model that no one has any clue that they are working on" that should be a different bike than the 450x because we all know they are. sorry but i wont be able to post pics till i get back but you will see some high rez photos from my 6.3 mp camera when im back fri night. like last year ull be able to see the modles if you are a hrca member tomm night i think. if not they will be all over the net like last year. keep all fingers and toes crossed. haha ps ill get to see a 2005 450 finally and sit and touch it. let ya know how it goes!.

most of this is pretty obvious but the bike is there.

has an 18 inch rear wheel, fatty stator/headlight, wr transmission.

the frame is the same type of frame as the 450f but the geometry, like the 250x, is tweaked for off road.

didn't see any specs on paper so i don't know if oil capacity is addressed, what the compression is, or the gearing rig...

basically it's the 450x version of the 450... no surprises. i really hoped they were gonna throw the off road world a curve and build a 525 in a 650r-inspired frame (that would have been pure gold), but that's just not the state of the off road world and honda still refuses to build to the niche. also, no sign of a dual sport version of the 650r. next year maybe...

the hrca website will probably have pics of it up tonight, like mentioned in a previous post.

otherwise, nothing very shocking on the 2 whell front. lots of effort is going into ATVs and personal watercraft... pretty much reflects the current state of the world... enjoy it while it lasts.

This isn't the 450X, but the specs look good...

Honda CRF680X

Engine Type: 679cc liquid-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke

Bore and Stroke: 103.0mm x 81.5mm

Compression Ratio: 10.2:1

Carburetion: Keihin 42mm Flat Slide

Starter: Electric start, plus kick start

Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance

Generator: High output stator

Accessory: DC output with power plugs

Instrument: MPH/Odo/Trip with trip reset

Lights: 100 watt H4 front light, LED tail/brake light

DRIVE TRAIN:

Transmission: Five-speed

Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed endless chain; 14T/46T

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES:

Steering: Integrated damper

Front Suspension: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 315 millimeters travel

Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 315 millimeters wheel travel

Front Brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper

Front Tire: 80/100-21

Rear Tire: 140/110-18

DIMENSIONS:

Rake: 27.9 degrees

Trail: 111.0mm (4.3 inches)

Wheelbase: 58.6 inches

Seat Height: 37.8 inches

Ground Clearance: 12.1 inches

Dry Weight: 247.0 pounds

Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons, including 0.5 gallon reserve

Color: Red

Availability: April 2005

Options:

Optional Motard package

3.5 X 17 front with 320mm floating disk

5.0 X 17 rear

Optional Dakar package

40L fuel capacity

Front fairing

HondaTrak Navigation

Optional Quick Connect/Disconnect Dual Sport Package

TBA

Does the 250X have a T-Ring chain?

Motorcycle Daily's CRF450X URL

I was hoping for:

o Increased oil capicity

o Larger Radiators

o Enduro computer

o Magura Clutch

o Ohlins Suspension

o Fuel Injection

Oh, wait that's a CDale. ?

Now that Honda, KTM, and Yamaha have green sticker real dirt bikes, where is Suzuki and Kawasaki? They are the only ones paying contigency? (for CC)

Cheers,