GOLDEN SPIKE race report (video & pics)

I had a blast at the Goldenspike. It was extremely challenging course with the recent rains. I've rode reiter in the winter, but even then I haven't seen so much mud! It was very slick out there. I am sure every racer and ironman poker-runner will remember the section through deer creek for a long time.

Seeing the mini-race was a lot of fun. Watching those little guys on their 50s is the coolest thing, they are all real troopers.

I put together a short video from the pro-harescramble and few pics from the mini-race. Note, you have right-click and do "save targas as..." and save the video to your computer in order to watch.

GOLDEN SPIKE video (NOTE: right click and do "save target as" to view)

Here are the links to the pictures

Goldenspike Harescramble pictures

Goldenspike Mini Harescrambles

Also, congratulations to nikki for taking 1st in the women's glass, way to go!

8236833-M.jpg

her son brandon also raced the mini-race, I didn't catch how he did but he looked good on the course

8235758-M.jpg

No doubt that was some slippery stuff! I felt like I was ice sk-8ing most of the time. I don't think I'll ever forget MOST of the course. Boy was it nasty, I didn't think it was ever going to end. I'm really glad I gave it a shot, it was a great experience. I really enjoyed spending the day getting muddy with my son. By the way, Travis failed to mention he also placed first in his class. ? And thanks Trav for helping to calm my nerves at the start line.

Nice going Trav and Nikki. I knew Nikki was a trooper with the amount of riding she does. I also knew Trav was fast as I couldn't catch him at Gifford. We met at Gifford the day before the race and he said he needed to take it easy to do well in the race the next day. Then we get back to the truck and Trav and I are the only ones that want to go do more but everyone else was whipped. Go trav.

Speaking of which send me the pix if Friday. Thanks.

?

I'm really glad I gave it a shot, it was a great experience.

My version of giving it a shot is just to finish the race ?:devil:, always good to have humble champs. Good job nicki!!

Hopefully in the near future my family and yours could get togather for a ride. My wife really wants to ride somewere besides our property, but I think she needs to be inspired by another gal. Someday we will make it to one of the TT rides!!

Nice vid once again Trav :awww: Could you share your movie making secrets with the rest of us? Software, format etc. I have tried a couple, there just seems to be too many options out there. Great job on the win, looks like a fun course.