Sign in to follow this  

Took my son riding this weekend

Brought my 8 yr old son north this weekend to ride with the big boys. He did amazingly well and got lots of praise from all the guys.

Wrooster I was thinking of you when I took a few of these shots.

son at 21

son at 18

son at 9

My son at the top of marble head

Heading down marblehead with a little guidance from pop

Has it under controll from here

One tired pup taking a powerbar break

Yes those are all at Drummond Island. We took him thru the nastiest sections of trail on the island and he did it all while smileing. He only crashed maybe 5x the entire day. His TTR90 is beat to hell from all the rocks. Bent pegs, shifter, maybe bars.... But he loved it and cant wait to come back next year.

My sons biggest thrill was when he cleared a tree crossing that my very experianced friend Joe crashed on. My son made a point of it to rub it in to Joe that he cleared something that Joe couldn't. Very cool.

At this rate my kid is gonna be whipping my :devil: in the trails in no time. :thumbsup:

don,

great pics!!!

your son must have some (tiny) brass ones for heading down those rocky inclines.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/yzman400/labor%20day%20weekend%202004/Marblehead.jpg

i like that fact that he's met the minimum height requirement (you have to be taller than the trail marker, right?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/yzman400/labor%20day%20weekend%202004/Brenat18.jpg

looks like he'll be an ISDE contender when he gets a couple of years older. then you'll be driving/flying him to all those exotic places... :devil:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

ps

hang on a sec, i think i hear Av coming -- yep, it's him. he's going to remark that there are no pictures of your son sunk up to his chin in a drummond mudhole. :thumbsup:

ps

hang on a sec, i think i hear Av coming -- yep, it's him. he's going to remark that there are no pictures of your son sunk up to his chin in a drummond mudhole.

Oh no??? Check out his boots and the entire RH side of his body. He was laying in it.

mud.jpg

ps

hang on a sec, i think i hear Av coming -- yep, it's him. he's going to remark that there are no pictures of your son sunk up to his chin in a drummond mudhole.

Oh no??? Check out his boots and the entire RH side of his body. He was laying in it.

mud.jpg

That's barely knee-high?! Wrooster did say CHIN didn't he? :devil:

Looks like you all had a good time - trails look like a piece of cake! :D:awww:

j/k Glad your son did well and you all had a good time with no injuries... :thumbsup::lol:

Oh Boy. Another smackmaster400 in the makeing. Yous bees a good dad Yzmann.Nice of you to take him along. Saw little yzmann at Big Air. Future all star. :thumbsup: