Sign in to follow this  

'02 DRZ400S new old stock

Is $4600 total a reasonable price for a new '02 model at a local Suzuki dealer? What will the bike be worth when I leave the lot? Could mechanical issues arise b/c of the bike "sitting on the shelf" for so long? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

That is about $600 less then I paid for mine when it was a brand new current year model. With the fact that it will be 3 years old the moment you roll it out...you will have a lot of instant depreciation.

If you are not worried about resale...then it beats paying for $600 more for one that is exactly the same but with a newer year on the VIN plate.

I would try to talk them down some more...show them some book used prices of current bike vs 3year old bike from Kelley Blue Book.

But ultimately the choice is yours. Good luck!

I would think that is at least a grand to much, I bought my brand new 04 400s for 4600 plus 200 shipping. The dealer is trying to dump some older inventory for what you can get a 2004 for. Way to much dough... :thumbsup:

I paid $4800 + tax for a new 2004 . So there is something for you to go on . I didnt get the cheapest deal either :thumbsup: You do know they have 2005s out now . Get my point ?

i think its a bit much. The dealer i got my 02 from last year wanted 4500 for it with 197miles on it. I finagled a bit and got it for 3500 out the door. I say if you can maybe drop it to atleast 4 grand out the door. They have been sitting in it awhile and they would like to get rid of it im sure. blue book is about 3800 right now i think.

I wish I could pay $4600US for a new one here in Australia! My 03 KLX cost me $7500AU second hand with 1200KM on the clock!! About $5200US. A new one costs about $11000Au here, $7600US. I reckon that a great deal. Ha ha!!!

I bought my 03 used with 300 miles for $4200.00. It came with all the after market protective guards, a second set of dirt worthy tires and addtional sprockets with a new chain. This was from a private party. The bike was actually $4000.00. The extra $200 was the taxes I had to pay when I went down to the DMV to put the bike in my name.

I hope this helps you out a bit.

for $4400 before taxes-n-stuff? This price will at least help me get that suzuki dealer to drop his NOS '02 DRZ to 4K before taxes-n-stuff or else.

I thought this thread was about a DRZ on NOS :devil::thumbsup:

Yeah Besty we get shafted eh. Them's the breaks. Hey you probably live within 10km of me :awww::lol:

You should be down in the $3000 range for an 02...there have been several for sale on ebay new for $3300... You are giving up a lot of resale value by getting the 02 so the price should reflect that... the dealer still has the 02 because he has asked such high prices all along...like I said above, look around else where and ship the bike in when you find a good price...tell your dealer no thanks, that the going price for the 02 is about $3000 so you are gonna buy a bike elsewhere and call you if he decides to get his price closer...he will probably call you pretty soon because not many people want a 3 yr old bike... :thumbsup:Andrew

Bro, I got my '02 with 1300 miles on it and well over a grand in extra goodies (new Steering Stabilizer, bars, clamps, exhast, skidplates, sprockets, chain, tires, suspension) for $3300.00 in SOCAL!!! :thumbsup::devil:

You need to shop around a while longer, or tell these guys to read this thread once you print it out!! :awww::lol:

I thought this thread was about a DRZ on NOS :thumbsup::D

Yeah Besty we get shafted eh. Them's the breaks. Hey you probably live within 10km of me :devil::awww:

:lol: I thought the same thing. :lol:

I bought My 2003 DRZ400S brand New from a dealer here in Ohio.... the dealer is called (ASK). I bought it in April 2004.

I payed $4700 for it.

So $4600 for a brand new 02 doesn't seem like a good deal....

I wish I could pay $4600US for a new one here in Australia!...I reckon that a great deal. Ha ha!!!

Sure, sure, but you can get one of these, we can't:

8759.jpg

If I can get the suzuki guy to come down to $4050 from the 4300 he is at now, I think I will have a good deal considering that the bike is NEW AND HAS A WARRANTY!!! If he doesn't budge then I have found a back-up deal on an '03 NOS KLX for $4400. $4050 for the DRZ and $4400 for the KLX puts them at about $350 to $400 more than AVERAGE retail for these bikes in AVERAGE USED CONDITION AND WITHOUT ANY WARANTY. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to find the best deal on a hitch hauler!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

My local Dealer blows any old stock out the door at the year end for 10% over cost. Cost on a 04 400S is 3750.00 ( I know cause thats what I paid for mine :thumbsup:) in 02 cost was 3500.00. Use this as a guide but most Dealers would rather get out of the flooring costs then make a large profit on the two year old bike.

I bought my 03 used with 300 miles for $4200.00. It came with all the after market protective guards, a second set of dirt worthy tires and addtional sprockets with a new chain. This was from a private party. The bike was actually $4000.00. The extra $200 was the taxes I had to pay when I went down to the DMV to put the bike in my name.

I hope this helps you out a bit.

The guy unplugged the speedo and raced the bike , for 5 months all 1/4 mile runs :thumbsup: Just kidding . Good luck with your bike . :devil:

I bought My 2003 DRZ400S brand New from a dealer here in Ohio.... the dealer is called (ASK). I bought it in April 2004.

I payed $4700 for it.

So $4600 for a brand new 02 doesn't seem like a good deal....

Was that $4700 before taxes etc or after? The DRZ that I may be getting is $4300 BEFORE TAXES. Since I found a '03 KLX for $4400 I am going to try and get the DRZ down to $4100.