Sign in to follow this  

thanks burned

I just finished doing the dj kit and 3x3 mod and what a difference. Burned, I followed the settings you gave me and they seem to work like a charm. Just for reference:

2004 drz400s @ 5800ft - 13500ft

stock exhaust

126 main jet

22.5 pilot

3rd clip

extended fuel screw 2.5 turns out

The only small issue I am having is a slight surge when holding constant at about 3/4 throttle. I am going to doing a little searching since I remember someone else mentioning the same thing a few weeks ago. You da man!!! :thumbsup:

ok, moved to clip 4 and went for a test ride and it is pulling very hard through all the gears. All I am noticing now is a slight but noticable stutter at wot.

Also I turned in the fuel screw about .5 turns because I was having to pull choke and put to prime to get it started this morning. It is starting much better but also it has warmed up quite a bit so we will see.

Overall the bike feels very close and I am having a blast on it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

not completely. I think I was hitting it in 1st and 2nd but when I was in 5th going 60 I pinned it and it started to stutter. I have 14/44 gearing

I think I do need to ride for another day or so to make sure I am correctly describing how it is handling. I appreciate you working with me on this.

Also I just started it up and it idled rough and then died. My fuel screw is at 2 turns out. Do I need to turn it out or in to smooth it out?