Sign in to follow this  

2005's November!?

I talked to 2 dealers today. One said they expected the 05 yzf's in a few days, and I called the one I usually deal with and they said october or november. I cant be waiting till then, which one sounds right? I might just get an 04 cause I cant jump my 230 anymore in fear that id break it for the third time. So I gotta get somethin soon. Thanks

mid to late sept has been the norm. Depends on where you are in the deposit list.

No deposit, no bumping in line. The first wave is always sold out. I already have my 05 450, but I always bump in line. :thumbsup:

I just talked to another dealer and he said he had one on the showroom and 2 more coming next month. The other only had 1 deposit down on the yzf. I gotta talk it over with my dad when he gets home and figure it out.

Yep - local dealer in San Jose just checked and it's November for the 2005 yZ250F :thumbsup::devil:

at least your dealer is being straight with you, I got those, "it should be here sometime next week" for three months before I got my 04.

I heard the same thing until 5 minutes ago. How much did you pay OTD for your 04? Do you have sales tax in your State and if so, what is the rate?

i just gotta 2004 YZ250F, becuase i didnt want to wait for the 2005's, they say its gonna be next week every week. and i gotta super deal on my new 250F..4,700 out the door. brand new.

My dad said when it rains this week, if they have one, we will go get it. So Im gonna follow up on the one place that said anyday and if not I might just goto the one place that already has one if its still there.

yamaha329, what state did you by the bike in? What is the sales tax rate there?

what I hate is when the salesman has no clue what he is talkin about. like we called a dealer that was about 4 1/2 hours away about gettin a deal on my 04 way back in september of last year. he said that he had the only one in the area, so naturally we told him we would take it. we drove up there and it was a frekin YZ 250. pissed us off. turns out the 250fs didnt come in untill frekin the end of october. luckly I had a broken arm since august,and a blown out knee so I couldnt have riddin anyway.

Hopefully the guy was telling the truth and it would be within the next couple days. Ive been waiting all Summer because I was gonna get an 04 but things just didnt work out and here it is September so I figured id give the 05's a shot, hopefully it works out. I got a few places to try out tommorow and my dad said if its raining this week and I can find one we'll go get it. The one place that said in a couple days is in DE, so its tax free which is where my dad wants to go. So we'll see, ill definitly let you know what happens.

I work at my local yamaha dealer. Right now we got 2 2005 YZ450Fs still in the crates. Although I haven't noticed any 250Fs :thumbsup: I'll ask when I'm there again to see when there coming in, I'm thinking about trading in my '04 on an '05.

I think we'd all appreciate the straight scoop from someone who knows or can find out. :thumbsup:

My current look at the situation is I might just avoid the games and find a left over 04. The point is, I need a new bike. I have no time for games and screwing around. We'll see!