Sign in to follow this  

Insure Supermoto?

I'm buying a KTM that has been titled to be street legal but I'm wondering how I can insure it. In FL you don't need insurance but I always get it. Would companies like Progressive or Allstate have rates for a dirtbike that's been titled to ride on the street?

Thanks bruthas

I have a recreational vehicle policy for my bikes through State Farm. It cost me $11 per month per bike.

If your bike has a street title then I don't see why you can't insure it like any other street bike. Ask them about Special Construction bikes and how they are covered. A Special Construction is like a kit car or a custom built bike like a chopper that didn't start out as an actual Harley.

When I first purchased the bike, I put full coverage on it through progressive as an off-road only bike. After it was plated, I called progressive and told them I want it with on-road coverage also. That's it. I'm in Louisiana so, Mileage may very.

When I got a plate for my old 'dirt-only' DR350R, Allstate wrote it up like any other bike - full coverage for street use...just as if it came with a plate from the dealer.

StuntR1, I am in FL also and when I went to get insurance on my CRF450 from State Farm, they just wanted to know what cc the bike was to determine the cost :thumbsup:

StuntR1, I am in FL also and when I went to get insurance on my CRF450 from State Farm, they just wanted to know what cc the bike was to determine the cost :thumbsup:

Same here. They didn't ask for a model or whether it was a "sport bike", just cc.