Sign in to follow this  

How cheap would I have to sell to sell quick?

A friend is going to give me a great deal on his '04 when his '05 comes in. Since I have going through a divorce I really need to sell my bike to get his. How cheap would I have to sell my '03 CRF450 to move it quick? I haven't been watching prices much. It has a gripper seat, Factory connection suspension, new intake valves and is great mechanically, but the plastic is rough. I was wondering if I could get $3500 in a hurry? (I am in Indiana)

A friend is going to give me a great deal on his '04 when his '05 comes in. Since I have going through a divorce I really need to sell my bike to get his. How cheap would I have to sell my '03 CRF450 to move it quick? I haven't been watching prices much. It has a gripper seat, Factory connection suspension, new intake valves and is great mechanically, but the plastic is rough. I was wondering if I could get $3500 in a hurry? (I am in Indiana)

I can't comment on the price, but I would suggest that you replace the plastic that's trashed if you're looking for a quick sell. Eye candy is *so* important, especially with less knowledgeable buyers (and I think it has a subconscious effect even on those that know what they're looking at). You could probably call Rocky Mountain and have everything you need in a couple days for a $100 or so. In my experience, it's money well spent when selling a bike.

I thought about replacing the plastic with some on Ebay, but the bad part is, you have to spend almost as much on graphics to put on the plastic! LOL But it would still be worth it.

I thought about replacing the plastic with some on Ebay, but the bad part is, you have to spend almost as much on graphics to put on the plastic! LOL But it would still be worth it.

You can get a set of OEM radiator shrouds from Service Honda for about $40 and I'm 90% sure they come with graphics already on them.

The other option for graphics is Factory Effex OEM graphics, Rocky Mtn has 'em for $29. I put a set on my 02 RM (along with all new plastic in the 03 color scheme) when I sold it, looked nice!

It really depends on location...when i was selling my 01 YZF i put it up for 3700 obo...never got a single call on it where i live in 3 weeks time. I went to so. cal on vacation and took it with me with a for sale sign on it for 3700 with no OBO...sold the second day i was there. I dont think you would have any problems getting 3500 given that the bike doesnt look trashed and you live in a area where there is a demand for bikes.

I'll buy it for $100 + $250 for shipping :devil::thumbsup: I think everyone hit the nail on the head...really depends on area and how it looks. It's kind of like when your out proweling at a bar, you usually only go for the chicks that look good..of course the more you drink, the better the other chicks start looking yet you still might come home with nothing :awww:

I can get the '04 for $4200 (which is why I don't want to pass it up). It was ridden by a 50+ rider...it is at the track every weekend, but has been babied and looks brand new.

I can get the '04 for $4200 (which is why I don't want to pass it up). It was ridden by a 50+ rider...it is at the track every weekend, but has been babied and looks brand new.

Dude, Id go in the hole to pick that up....worry about selling the 03 later....