Sign in to follow this  

At Hollister this weekend not one Huskie...

I was at Hollister this weekend for the GFI North series opener and did not see one Huskie. What gives??? There were 700 entrants and a sea of red and blue. Is anyone racing MX with the new Huskies??? I was hoping to see some representation among st the throngs!!! Are the new bikes competitive???

Merlinn

All I have to say is that " PEOPLE ARE SHEEP ". Red and blue! You were shocked? Oh Yeah, they are very competitive it's just that...(refer to comment above).

Travis Epperson

We were at the Thumpercross (UK National Series) round at Pontrilas on the 30th Aug and there were 6 Huskys. I got one holeshot and my brother got two (last gate pick too) the following day so the bikes are fast enough :thumbsup:

As you say though, there was a sea of red, with a few blue ones thrown in.

I have been doing the over the hill gang MX races for the past few years on my 00 610 and now on my tc 450 in + 38 novice class.

I almost always get the hole shot or at least top 3 on the starts, most people agree the bike is fast.

The thing is every body stops to look at the Husky and comment on it, the bike looks cool and is something different which some people like. I really believe that if Husky can stay in the market people will gain confidence and

consider one for their next bike. As for the MXers they are a funny bunch, it seems style and image are everything and who wants to ride something that MXA and the other MX mags have dogged. I figure as a novice MXer Im not even close to riding the bike to its full potential anyway.

I did the 2 day Honeylake moto and hope to do the Hollister

gang race as well, it would be nice to see another Husky

As I understand there are no 05 TC250 on the ground yet, maybe 6-7 weeks before they are released. Does any know the weight comparison between the bikes? I know the estart will add some weight but how much?? Do they compare to the red and blue bikes??

I would really like to start a trend with an 05 and show the Husky colors, I just wish my skill level was commensurate with the performance potential!!

Merlinn