Sign in to follow this  

Dont trash California S mod. canister

I spent a few hours talking with my dealer (it's a family run business and he's very much involved with the bikes and racing)...nice place.

Anyway, the subject of smog stuff came up. He said that he's heard from other dealers that CARB (that's Cal-speak for Cal. Air Resources Board aka the "emission nazis") will probably require smog checks for motorcycles in the near future. The program will probably begin with "visual inspections" meaning you'll have to show up with all the hoses,canisters and stock fuel tank installed. Later on they may get into actually testing bikes but the aparatus is expensive so probably not for quite a while.

So....if you plaln to keep your DRZ S for a few years it would be very wise to stash away your stock fuel tank, canisters, brackets, etc. As long as any inspection remains visual it should be a fairly easy swap.

Ray (saving stuf is good) Stedronsky

Wouldn't that just apply to newly purchased motorcycles?

Visual inspections aside....since the emissions equipment has nothing to do with exhaust gasses, and only deals with fuel vapors from the tank, what will they test for? How do you test how much fuel vapor escapes the tank? :thumbsup:

I think gcvt is right that probably will only apply to models after that law takes effect. CA can suck my nads. :thumbsup:

Bastards put a field on our tax returns to declare items bought online from out of state companies and ebay etc. this last tax return so they could try and charge us sales tax. :lol:

Again they can suck my nads..... :devil: Taxing on money thats been taxed already. We should rise as one and slay them all.

I need to get a P.O. Box in nevada or something so I can register everything there. :awww:

Don’t bet on a only new modal year.. They did not do that with Autos,, what makes you think they will with bikes? Sorry for you CA residents,, the precedent has already been set, many years ago.. If and when they do this,, it will be back as far as they want based on when the parts were first required, and what every other criteria they decide such silliness on.. But History says,, it will not be limited to.. just current year and newer bikes

CA can kiss my A$$ too :devil:

I'll just take my DRZ and run away to Arizona!!! :lol::D:thumbsup::awww::lol:

The People's Republic of Kalifornia strikes again.

Will the last sensible person leaving the state please take the keys to the asylum?

God I am so glad I am outta there :thumbsup:

Yes bronco you may be right...

I will just put some JBweld in the FCR intake vac fitting... And make a phony fitting on the fuel tank or something... so I can make it look like the canister is connected even though its not really doing anything. :thumbsup:

You dont think they will mind the uncorked exhaust do you? :devil:

Be smart!!!, I've kept every piece of smog equipment for car,s,trucks,bikes,ect.. You never know when the laws will change!!!!. :thumbsup:.