Sign in to follow this  

TTR125 vs CRF150

IF I bore my ttr125 bikeout to 160cc would it beat a crf150 in a drag about 800ft.

it depends on rider's and the start. theoreticly if you put a newbie on the 150 and a good rider on your TTR the TTR could beat it stock to stock

I would say either way the rider will end up making the most difference. But, a bored out TTR in my humble opinion would beat a CRF150.

I bought one of each bike. The ttr125 for my daughter, and the crf150 for the wife. Both have been uncorked, snorkels and baffles removed. Hands down the crf is a better performing machine. If the TTR was bored out you would probably also have to lighten the flywheel to beat the 150. The TTR's in my experience need to much work to get more performance, save your money and if you want to beat the 150 get a crf150 to mod. The are great for being a bulletproof trail machine though.

i havnt been riding for very long i took my moms ttr125 le out on the mini track with a bunch of guys on crf 150's with pipes and stuff and my moms is totaly stock and i could only not pas one of them but i was right behind him for a while.

hey i've gotta so far modded up ttr 125 and two crf150s that are stock the ttr has been rejetted r4 exaust.. airbox mod, and 14/47 tooth combo which will make it run dead even with the 150 at top speed...bottom line is taht if the ttr was the L version it would stomp the 150... were thinking about gettin a hotcam for it and shavin the flywheel..and then im possitive it will kick a**! :cry: hey does ne body know what the site is for the HotCam ...i find it in Dennis Kirk but i want the official website for more info...does ne body have this mod? hope sume of my info is good!

i havnt been riding for very long i took my moms ttr125 le out on the mini track with a bunch of guys on crf 150's with pipes and stuff and my moms is totaly stock and i could only not pas one of them but i was right behind him for a while.

You could be a better track rider then them and making Yamaha look good while doing it. :cry: :cry:

In CA,San Jose, the Metcalf ohv park mini track i would accualy consider it a "track" but it is its just not really a good one biggest jump is like 15'(if you jump it like i do :cry: ) but hey its a begginer intermediate track. 50cc-100cc 2 stroke and 150cc 4 stroke.

My sons ttr le is bored, ported, 26mm carb, big gun pipe, shaved flywheel, bbr filter, works shock, bbr swing arm,

and yz 80 forks. I have seen NO 150 hondas that even come

close. When we switch riders any of the neighborhood kids

can win on the ttr. He has also outran several 230's, but

when we switch riders its about 50\50.

In addition he has won a hare scramble against yz\cr\kx 80's

but can't beat them on a motocross track, at least not

all of them.

The down side of course is that we have more money in that

bike than in my 04 yz 250f.

But it IS fun to ride.

RC