Sign in to follow this  

Bike cover

I am going to be hauling my bike in the back of my truck for a very long drive and want to minimize the bug casualties that must be cleaned off later. Can anyone suggest a cover of sorts that has worked out well, which will stay on the bike on the freeway as well as allow for my tiedowns? I don't even know if there is such a thing, any knowledge is appreciated.

Ya know, the cover flapping against the bike mile after mile may do ya worse than just some dead bugs will.

what about celaphane wrap over the exposed part of the bike.......? Use duct tape to hold in place...

i rode from san diego to new orleans with both my bikes in the back of the truck and there really wasn't too many bugs to speak of. i started with a tarp over them at first but it was more of a hassle than it was worth.

You could paint the bike with Liquid Skin or cover it in vaseline? Then rub it off real good at your final destination :thumbsup::devil::awww:

In the back of the truck about the only part exposed to the bugs would be the handlebars and number plate, I wouldnt worry about it.