Sign in to follow this  

TT webpage???

The website seems slow at times? When I open up a page it takes a while to open up sometimes its fast but other times it's real slow. Anyone else feel the same???

The website seems slow at times? When I open up a page it takes a while to open up sometimes its fast but other times it's real slow. Anyone else feel the same???

I notice that too, I think TT gets bogged down during popular times.

30,000+ members.. one TT website.. that about sums it up.

Lots of members, lots of lurking, and possibly a server that is too slow.....???

30,000+ members.. one TT website.. that about sums it up.

Lots of members, lots of lurking, and possibly a server that is too slow.....???

It's not the number of members, it's the number of members online at any given time. We're one of the biggest discussion forums on the net, period!

Our servers (hardware) will handle exponentially more traffic, but the forum software, Infopop Threads is having troubles keeping up (http://infopop.com). The software is not custom, but licensed, so we're getting to the end of its useful life. An upgrade is coming and so will more info. :thumbsup:

Oh no :devil: Not another upgrade :lol:

Two choices:

1. Hit brick wall and meltdown as simultaneous connections grow. :thumbsup:

2. Upgrade :awww:

The prior upgrade was completely different, as we were doing something NOBODY had done before. When you're a pioneer, you're going to take some arrows in the ass.

The next upgrade exists with many, many other large sites, so we're not moving to anything that is not already proven and well documented.

We learned both what to do and what NOT to do with the last upgrade, so relax. It will be nothing like last time. The upgrade is not for features, it's a must.

Oh no :awww: Not another upgrade :lol:

Two choices:

1. Hit brick wall and meltdown as simultaneous connections grow. :devil:

2. Upgrade :thumbsup:

The prior upgrade was completely different, as we were doing something NOBODY had done before. When you're a pioneer, you're going to take some arrows in the ass.

The next upgrade exists with many, many other large sites, so we're not moving to anything that is not already proven and well documented.

We learned both what to do and what NOT to do with the last upgrade, so relax. It will be nothing like last time. The upgrade is not for features, it's a must.

How long will the new upgrade take? I went through withdrawl last time :D

Our servers (hardware) will handle exponentially more traffic, but the forum software, Infopop Threads is having troubles keeping up (http://infopop.com).

Just out of curiosity, are you running the database server on a separate machine from the forum software?

--Larry

When you start to port over to the new system, can you run a static copy of the old system at ?? thumpertalk.com/old or something so we can still read old posts if the new site has problems at the get go ?