Sign in to follow this  

Hands Blistering

I've been riding for 6 years but my hands still seem to blister after riding for more then 4 or 5 hours. It feels like my hands are on fire, has anybody had this problem and know how to help fix it. I do wear gloves (fox dirtpaw) if your wondering.

I would also check the handle bar height and position. If they don't line up very well for your heigth, and width of your shoulders, it will be more difficult to hold on causing blisters.

agree with sami, try loosening your grip every chance you get. you could also ride for a couple hours without gloves every once in a while and build some good calices :thumbsup:

I would also check the handle bar height and position. If they don't line up very well for your heigth, and width of your shoulders, it will be more difficult to hold on causing blisters.

how can i tell if the bar is the right height or position?

:excuseme:i use preperation h :thumbsup: ,i use renthal soft no waffles, try tossin off with lava soap it toughens the hands and adds pleasure as well :thinking:pretty soon you will have callased hands,i havent used gloves in years :thinking:wait a minute let me rephrase that :devil:

My hands used to blister horribly everytime I would go to the track (I usually try and ride for about 4 hours straight). I'm talking about oozing puss and blood for a few days afterwards!! After trying baby powder, different riding techniques, even anti-perspirant on the hands and not being able to get rid of this problem, I decided to change up everything associated with holding on to the bike.

Here's what I did:

1) Switched from Renthal thin walled grips to Pro Grips. At first, the larger grip felt weird but you get used to it.

2) Switched from Fox Dirt Paw to Thor gloves. I do not wash them very often because I have found that I will get blisters the first ride after a wash.

3) Put felt donuts on my grips (like BMXers use) to get rid of blisters on the thumbs.

I wish I could tell you which one of these things did the trick or if it was the whole combination but I never get blisters now. I know your pain and it sucks but you can get it figured out. Just keep trying different things until you get it.

Wash your hands with witch hazel every night before you goto bed. After a month or two you'll be able to sand wood with your palms. :thumbsup: