Sign in to follow this  

Video Poll

What do you guys like best in the riding video's?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1094610933vmaxcbr900wr426">

What Do You Like to See?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Video with a rider in front?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Video with clear trail?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Video with passing?

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

What else does everyone want to see?

I like cool scenery, nasty terrain and high speed riding with the occasional wreck. :thumbsup:

The sound of the exhaust is cool too.

Exhaust sound is a must, imo. Microphone placement is key. :thumbsup:

I like a pair of quick riders, one following the other, the one in rear filming the one in front. And almost never losing sight of him.

I like fairly fast paced videos with terrain changes and a few jumps. Motocross helmet camera videos are darn fun to watch. :devil:

I voted for 'rider in front'.

where is "D" all of the above! :devil::awww: :thumbsup:I like it all..............woody :thumbsup:

I would have to say by far the best videos are great races with a helmet cam with the cam guy going down. Nothing like seeing a crash from first person perspective! :thumbsup:

I forgot the "All of the Above" :thumbsup:

Anyone have video with the helmet cam facing backwards? I've thought about this but I'll need to make sure I've got several fast riders and discuss passing back and forth to give some good views.

I usually have at least one good wreck when I ride as do most of the guys I'm with which was one of the reasons we wanted the helmet cam so bad. So far, I've missed a couple good, fast wrecks and the battery pack got destroyed when I ate it and killed the power.

Anyone have any good helmet cam wrecks? :devil:

No wonder you ride so fast John! You plan to wreck once a ride. :lol: I prefer to go a little slower and wreck once or twice a year! :awww: You are not 16 anymore. :thumbsup:

I think the rear view helmet cam is worth a try. It will give a unique footage. I like it when the do it on Moto GP and the camera shows the guy behind getting real close to the rear wheel of the guy with the camera. :devil:

No wonder you ride so fast John! You plan to wreck once a ride. :thumbsup:

I expect to wreck, that's why I wear all the gear. :devil: This was one reason I was a little worried about the durability of the cam corder but so far, it's held up very well.

All the guys I ride with now are pretty fast through the trees and rocks. If you aren't railing, someone will pass you for sure and I hate having to eat all that dust. Most of them are younger than me so I need to make them run hard and try to wear them out. It is a lot of fun to have a big group of guys who can all wail through the trees.

One of my dad's buddies is 62 and was an A rider for years with a room full of trophies and he still flies. He'll come right up next to me and nearly bump me off the trail to let me know he wants to run for a while. He did have a bad get off right behind me out in Moab when we were running the sand washes WFO and it scared me a lot. Turns out he separated his shoulder but other than that, he was fine.

I'm thinking I'll try a rearward view the next time we ride. At least for part of the tape and see how it turns out.

I would like to see the size of the file when people post it. That way I can determine roughly how long its going to take to open, and if I should wait to download when I have gone to bed :thumbsup: