Sign in to follow this  

Motoplex wins the dealer shootout's

Yes both of them, MXGP and Washugal. It was close at MXGP but we pulled it out. No extra riders to load the team like some other teams did. Just our own team of MX'ers in a 3 moto format. We won 1500.00 in cash, plus about 1000.00 in motobucks at MXGP, Plus the owner of Motoplex gave every rider a 100.00 in store credit, 30 riders= 3000.00 bucks.

Pretty cool eh?

Sorry, Just had to brag a little. :thumbsup:

Eric

that is pretty cool! how do you get to use the $1000 motobucks at MXGP?

I still need to get out there and see your son ride. seems like every time he has a big event I have some other conflicting event. I'd like to see him on that track, I myself can only dream of taking those jumps on the big track!

That is great. Now if they would stop charging $500+ for freight and assembly I might buy another bike there . . .

Greg

That is great. Now if they would stop charging $500+ for freight and assembly I might buy another bike there . . .

Greg

I hear what yor saying,But, You as a consumer need to find the best price in the area and call them to see if they will do the deal. They arnt trying to rip anyone off, Its just that profit margins at retail have steadily dropped over the years and the economy sucks ass in the PNW.

If you buy a new Harley they will stroke you for over 2000.00 for setup.

They do pay an outside source to assemble there bikes like most dealers do.

Whenever I can I get the bike in the crate and screw it together myself.

We do race for Motoplex so I guess I'm kind of biased. Please support your local dealers which ever one it may be or someday we will have to get everything mailorder or over the internet and that would really suck.

Eric

Nice work Eric and company!

My neighbor and his son both brought home 2nd place trophies for the weekend. I don't know what class they ran though, both on YZ's. His son took three holeshots and the holeshot prize on his two smoke. They were riding for The Brothers from Bremerton. :thumbsup:

[quote

I hear what yor saying,But, You as a consumer need to find the best price in the area and call them to see if they will do the deal. They arnt trying to rip anyone off, Its just that profit margins at retail have steadily dropped over the years and the economy sucks ass in the PNW.

If you buy a new Harley they will stroke you for over 2000.00 for setup.

They do pay an outside source to assemble there bikes like most dealers do.

Whenever I can I get the bike in the crate and screw it together myself.

We do race for Motoplex so I guess I'm kind of biased. Please support your local dealers which ever one it may be or someday we will have to get everything mailorder or over the internet and that would really suck.

Eric

The biggest reason the Motoplex charges what they do for setup is that brand new store of theirs and all the people running around. A smaller shop with less overhead can get away with charging a lot less for fees. Cyclebarn is the same way.

I prefer to support the small local shops and not the internet, but these megaplexes are anything but small local shops.

I don't mean to sound like I am dissing any one shop so don't take it that way. I have bought two bikes from Lynnwood Yamaha in their pre-megaplex days and if I ever buy another KTM, I'll give them a chance. I will go to all the local KTM guys and ask for their lowest price. That person will get my business. I certainly won't take the lowest price to any Mega-store and see if they'll match it. The original bidder earned my business and would get it.

Happy trails and congrats to your race team on the victory.

Greg

I got an awesome deal from motoplex on my ktm, and it was the most hastle free purchase I ever made. I went onto ktmtalk.com, got a bunch of quotes from across the nation, took the best one and started calling local dealers telling them "here is the OTD price I want" to see if any would match it. motoplex matched it without hesitation, a lot of the other dealers I called gave me a lot of grief over the price and wouldn't match it exactly.

It has a lot to do with the salesman you deal with as well, not necessairily the store. some sales guys are jerks, we've all dealt with them at various stores, you have to know who to talk to. I worked with bryan at motoplex, and he is a cool guy :thumbsup:

I did the exact same thing as Trav and got a smokin deal on my '04 250 EXC from them. It was very easy. :thumbsup:

To be fair to them, when I called the first words out of my mouth was something along the lines of: I got a quote for a '04 250 EXC that was very low, would you be interested in trying to meet it? I then explained that I didn't want to waste their time or hassle them, but if they wanted a chance to meet it, or come close, that would be great.

They were totally cool about it, asked me to hold for a minute, came back on the line, asked me a couple of questions, and said they would meet the price. I said fine, see you Saturday am and we'll do the deal. Called them back Sat morning to make sure we were on, they said come on by, we'll prep the bike. Picked it up a couple hours later.

Regarding the prep and setup fees, those are a bit annoying, but I usually just tell the dealer to save me the details and tell me what the bike is going to cost out the door, all fees, taxes, etc included. That way I'm comparing apples to apples. I don't care what charges they want to tack on, I just want to know the OTD charge, so while those setup charges annoy me a bit, I don't let it affect my buying decision and I don't beat the dealer up about it.

Overall, it was a great buying experience and when I go for my '05 YZ125 purchase I will be talking to them. -Ed

ps: only kidding on the YZ125 purchase...hee hee hee...

I worked with bryan at motoplex, and he is a cool guy :thumbsup:

Bryan sold my both of my KTM's. He is definitely a good guy to work with.

He'll always get a chance to sell me a new KTM.

Greg

I've always paid cash/cashiers check for everythign I've boughten and never paid the "freight setup", but just MSRP. I've never paid over MSRP except when I bought the grandson his XR50, the Honda guys would not let go of it. SO I shopped around the the most expensive place quote wise, ended up giving me the best price, OTD. A big Honda store in Auburn (wont mention any names) had the lowest quote of "on sale for $999, but after the freight and setup, it was more like $1,300, then I asked him if they'd drop the F&S if I paid in cash, he said hang on, I'll ask (phone goes on hold) and he comes back and then gives me an even higher price, now its close to $1,500? So I guess this is a rude way of say "we dont want your buisness. Well, since 2001, I've purchased 6 new bikes, 2 new quads, and several used. I ended up getting it from Reiners South Sound Honda. He supports riders/events a whole bunch also. And they also asked me what I'd like to do with my $110 in Honda bonus bucks? :thumbsup: I wasnt told of this by anyone else. :devil: I added it to the total, was OTD for $1,246, MSRP was $1,099. The highest priced store had the lowest price of $999! The lowest OTD price was the highest quote in the beginning. I will avoid that big Honda store in Auburn, even if its the last place on earth for bikes, I'll walk before they get a single penny of mine. Treat me like [@#$%&*!] on the phone! :awww: