Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Shifting help

Hello,

It seems every time I ride my DRZ I find myself shifting the bike without using the clutch. I only use it for stoping. I upshift and downshift without using the clutch. This bike shifts so easy compaired to my Harley. Will doing this hurt the bike? Should I use the cluch for every shift? Please let me know what you think. Thanks

I use the clutch every time just for the piece of mind. But I think others have said that it won't hurt them without using the clutch.

As long as you're not grinding gears or forcing it you should be fine. I'm not big on clutch use myself.

Never use the clutch unless you are stopping (for unknown reasons) :lol:

On street bikes you need to use the clutch when down-shifting. if it's a DRZ, tis a freeforall!!! :awww::lol::D:thumbsup::devil::D

Weird, wouldnt it be better for your tranny to use the clutch when shifting ? Thats why its there isnt it ?

when i'm downshifting on the street i kinda do it like a road racer. i rev match when i down shift. it helps alot when i'm trying to slow down alot for tight turn. it keeps the back tire from locking up by downshifting at the same time that i'm breaking hard.

Don't worry about using the clutch on a Jap bike to shift. I have not used the clutch to shift since 1977.