Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF450R First Valve Issue!

Gotcha! Caught you looking! :thumbsup:

Just Kidding.....though....

Come on guys! When are you guys going to start selling your 04's to get the 05's?

I'm ready to buy a good used 04 CRF450R for CHEAP!

The 05 sure looks good? That new frame will surely give you at least a second or two faster every lap!

And what about that 3.5 lbs weight difference! Losing that extra pounds will surely make that 450 fly better in the air.

Heck, Honda even changed the offset on their clamps too.

By the way, I wonder if the 05 stock clamps can fit the 04's and earlier? hmmmm :devil:

I don't think that they changed the clamps. The changed the trail by modifying the dropouts on the fork. Effectively the same as changing the offset on the clamps with the added benefit of decreasing the moment/leverage on the fork mount (not that it was ever an issue).

i personnally find it easier and cheaper to shave 3.5 pounds of myself. and if you didnt read my sig. im also looking for any used bike ex. 02 03 04 i dont care.

Hey, westladog,

I've got an 04 CRF450 with only 10-15 hours on it. I'm in Wisconsin, so if you are interested in shipping it, drop me an email and I will give you more details. Asking price is $5200.

They did change the rake! if you look at the Honda website, you can compare the 04 to the 05 specs. 04 rake 26.91deg. 05 rake 26.79deg. 04 trail 108.0 05 trail 109.4