Sign in to follow this  

Pics of my 50's...check em out.

Here are some pics of my two XR 50's. They are a work in progress. The next step is powdercoated hubs just like the frames. The old gray hubs just don't look good wit the new look. The frames are two stage powder coated red with glitter underneath. They come alive in the sun. The forks are also two stage powder coated with black with multi colored glitter underneath. The sun makes them change colors from different directions.

My wife's bike:

75Kbike1-med.jpg

75chrome2-med.jpg

75chrome-med.jpg

The powder coated forks:

75kbikeforks-med.jpg

My rolling chassis before assembly:

75Frame-med.jpg

My bike:

75JBike1-med.jpg

My bike as it was rigged out to go bird hunting in South TX. All of the guys showed up to the field in their Mules and tricked out 4 wheelers. I showed up on a XR50 pulling a trailer and hauling my cooler, chair, ammo, and gun. I completely stole the show and killed my limit.

75Trailer-med.jpg

I still have a lot I want to do to the bikes. There is still more chroming to do on little parts like the kick starter, shift lever, and cam cover. I am also going to do some powder coating on the head.

I think they look pretty good so far.

Yeee-oowwww-zzzaaaa!

Do you know someone with a chrome shop?

Are you going to chrome the trailer in the background and that barbecue too? :thumbsup:

Great pics. I'm jealous. Mine has all kinds of scratches from the little guy beating it up.

Great little bike and great story! I too love to hunt and can appreciate your style! Good luck the rest of the year in both your hunting and riding!

Yeah....big bore is in the future. Especialy when I do all that heavy hauling :thumbsup:

I don't know what to get. I am thinking the 88cc kit that comes with carb and all but, I want it to be reliable. I don't race these bikes, (Thats what my big one is for) I just pimp around on them, so reliability is more important to me than performance. But I would like more power.

www.hondatrailbikes.com has you covered. And dont even worry about reliabitly. Get the kit for $275 that comes with carb and cam, and also get the oil pump and you are good to go, as reliable as stock. Ive been running the race head motor for about 6months, Ive put so many hours on it its crazy, and it still runs like when I put it in.

I have a Fast 50's throttle housing that uses the stock throttle cable. If I get that kit, will that throttle cablework witht he Fast 50's housing, or will I need a new twist throttle also??

Not sure if it will or not, Ive heard alot of people say that they have had problems with the cable and BBR throttles, not sure about the Fast50's. But I do know it can be made to work by cutting off some of the sheating by where it goes into the carb to give you the proper length of cable to work with your throttle. Or you could simply buy a xr70 throttle and it will work perfectly with no modifications and a 70 throttle doesnt cost but about $15.