Sign in to follow this  

"ManFunnel" Purchase

Bought a "Man Funnel" today at a local cycle shop, on a whim, because I was going right home to change oils anyway.

Out of the package, the product looked poorly molded. I tried peeling the backing off of the foam strip that comes with it ("Necessary to avoid spillage")and the foam just tore in half. I tried placing the funnel in position while I loosened the first drain bolt. The man funnel wouldn't even stay in place by itself. I had to hold it with one hand while I turned the ratchet wrench with the other two...(Exactly! the math doesn't add up)

I wound up spilling more oil than I EVER had before, staining my new garage floor all to heck. :thumbsup:

The foam strip also fell off while the spill was at full tilt. There was a little gray "splash guard" cap that fits on the top, but was useless because the funnel wouldn't snap to the frame or even stay in place by gravity, so it's difinately not staying put while you get on the bike, press the kill switch and start kicking it! Even for refilling, a regular funnel works better.

It sounded like a good product, and I believe in supporting fellow riders/inventors. However, at $20.00 + tax, I'll be taking it back for a refund and using my $1 conventional plastic funnel that I've been using for years with no dramas. Was I just not holding my mouth right, or what? Maybe I should have stuck my tongue out like Michael Jordan! :devil:

FYI...

Wow that kind of sucks :thumbsup:. I have never used a ManFunnel but many people say they are great especially if you have a skidplate.

not trying to make u sound like an dork or anything, but did u get the right man funnel? cause they make em for the 250F also, maybe urs was the wrong size? i have not had any trouble with mine, works like a charm.. anyways, Just thought I would ask :thumbsup::devil:

I love the ManFunnel and the great customer service Billywho? has provided regarding developmental issues. The foam has always been a problem, and Billywho? has been in the process of alleviating it. I think a slip on rubber "cup" type seal would probably work best. One that you can remove and spray clean afterwards. Btw, I'm probably emailing Billywho? to get a few back up foams, as I'm running low right now! Thanks Billywho?!

"I love the man funnel" - TimFurryBalls, 8 Sep 2004.

:awww::lol::D:lol::D:thumbsup::D

Sry man... I just had to :devil:

:snore:

Off topic, but, why didn't you get the 500 kit if you were gonna go big bore?

'First "ManFunnel" Experience' - SAWDADDY, 7 Sep 04.

Came out the closet did ya?

:awww::lol::D:thumbsup:

Jeez I crack myself up. :devil:

Other than foam problems, the manfunnel has worked great. Fits great and love the small defelctor for spatter protection when kicking the bike over to flush the remaining oil. Sounds like you should return the one you have and try another one. May be the wrong model or just a bad molding.

My CRF was one of the very first ones out in the fall of 2001. I'm wondering if the welds on the frame are any different than the later models and might be keeping the funnel from staying on the frame. I can push the funnel into place on the frame, but it immediately popps up and off.

As for coming out of the closet...I'll be more careful on how my posts sound in the future. You're right, it does sound pretty gay. I didn't catch that when I wrote it. Show's where your mind is! In fact, I'm going to edit the title right now.

Sounds like it's the wrong funnel or it wasn't on right.

I agree on the foam issue, but tried it last time w/o any on and it worked fine.

I'd have to agree on you may have got the wrong funnel. Mine works awesome. Clips on very snug and does exactly as advertised. It's one of those stupid little products that you blow off till you have one and then wonder what the hell you did without it and kick yourself for waiting so long to buy the money.

I'd suggest contacting Billywho. He'll definately go out of his way to take care of you. That's the type of guy he is...

Khris

I've got it figured out. It was the right funnel. The closed cell foam from the skid plate was interfering with the ManFunnel seating properly last night. Once I really got up under there with more light and time, it came together. That's more like it!

You see, everyone sooner or later learns to love the "Man-Funnel!" :thumbsup: On another note, I never heard anything really good about the 500 kit. 488's good enough for me. . .

Love mine infact just changed mine a few moments ago ,both oil and tranny fluid.

Once I started zip-tying it to the frame before taking out the bolts I had no probs, before that I spiled oil EVERYWHERE. It stays in place perfect. You don't even need the foam. But try the zip ty it really helps.