Sign in to follow this  

RC to switch from #4 to #1 for Glen Helen National to honor Honda

From MX large:

RC, who has always opted to run his trademark AMA #4, will honour his successful association with Honda by running the #1 plate at the final race of the year this weekend at Glen Helen.

uh o stewart says its badluck to do that maybe his bike will blowup and wont get another perfect season! haha jus jokin

Honor Honda? I think its to rub it in Honda's face! Look what you retards let go! TWO perfect seasons!

I ride a Honda and love their products, but their race team philosophy absolutely blows goats. I've never liked Team Honda ever since they dropped Doug Henry when he got hurt.

Honda choose not to meet Suzuki's offer.

Ahhh... Hondamoto onry offer $1,000,000.00... Suzukimoto offer $1,000,001.00 - much better dear. Must must make more better offer. Maybe try again at end of Suzuki contract.

If Arressi kid catches me on 2-stroke it not my fart. Honda 450 smoke arr bike in fierd when I ride.

shifter,

Twy the flied lice, it's gweat! :devil:

I thought part of the problem was that Honda offered a 1-year deal and Suzuki was willing to commit to a multi-year deal.

Perhaps Honda was concerned about the knee? Oops.

But their negotiating skills haven't always been the best. Look at McGrath, same sort of thing. (Funny how he's back on a red bike now. That Yamaha break-up must have been nasty.)

I think they realized that the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" theory was debunked a long time ago. They'll sell their bikes regardless of who they have or how they do.

On a side note for shifter: True story.

One of the jobs I had while in college was delivering pizza. There was a Chinese restaurant a few doors down. They would come visit from time to time and we would patronize them pretty regularly.

The best part was when they ordered a "roj peppaloni rubbah".

I hurt myself laughing the first time I heard that...

:thumbsup:

I think Honda insulted RC, like they did MC. He's the champ, he deserves more than a one year deal. I just hope Suzuki is not the end of him.

He ought to honor Honda by staying with them

Honda choose not to meet Suzuki's offer.

Later

I believe it was Suzuki who way in advance told RC that they would top Hondas offer so, so RC got a pen and signed on the dotted line... Not knowing that Honda said they were going to give him more money but it was to late.... O well :thumbsup:

I hear ya... it's easy for me to be critical not knowing the details, etc. Who really knows what motivated the swap, but it's gonna happen.

I didn't buy my '03 Honda 'cause of RC and I won't by my '07 Honda 'cause of RC. Yeah, '07... told my wife when I'm eligible to run in the 40+ class, I'm buy'n a new bike.

The best part was when they ordered a "roj peppaloni rubbah".

:thumbsup: Is that the Trojan Magnum? :devil:

Not exactly! :D

The translation is: "Large pepperoni lover"! :lol:

:awww:

You didn't read the fine print in the contract did you? Ricky must run the plate if he wants to get payed for his remainder. Honda is most likely sticking to their guns on this one. Think about it your rider is #1 and his goodluck charm is a #4 plate and he's leaving you...I think if I was the boss and it was your last few races with me. I'd personally take your goodluck charm and toss it out the rig on the way to the race and make you run my #1 plate. I'm a tuff guy to work for...MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! :thumbsup:

You didn't read the fine print in the contract did you? Ricky must run the plate if he wants to get payed for his remainder. Honda is most likely sticking to their guns on this one. Think about it your rider is #1 and his goodluck charm is a #4 plate and he's leaving you...I think if I was the boss and it was your last few races with me. I'd personally take your goodluck charm and toss it out the rig on the way to the race and make you run my #1 plate. I'm a tuff guy to work for...MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! :thumbsup:

Besides, RC is leaving and Honda needs those pictures of their bike with the #1 plate.

All the rags will be full of ads with RC and that #1 plate for quite awhile.

Honda will be hurting for a few years in SX & MX, they don't have any riders.

Besides, RC is leaving and Honda needs those pictures of their bike with the #1 plate.

All the rags will be full of ads with RC and that #1 plate for quite awhile.

Honda will be hurting for a few years in SX & MX, they don't have any riders.

EXACTLY. Ricky can spin it however he likes but it still boils down to a last-chance photo op for the Mothership.